Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My Coffee Mug

triangle
Offline / Send Message
Lilium triangle
So this morning after my coffee I made my mug, it's my 1st time replicating an object and 2nd time trying Painter! I'm quite the beginner so any tips are welcome! 

I also have a little Issue Here with Painter if anyone wants to help a bit more!

Real :

3D : 

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    You've missed the complex shapes the handle makes, and right now on the 3D model it's just basically an adjusted half cylindrical tube.  

You have an opportunity here to really stretch yourself and take the time to make that handle 1 to 1 to your actual mug and give the model more visual interest.  You've got the primitives down, but you have a little more to accomplish here.
  • Lilium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lilium triangle
    I know what you mean, I had the same thought too when I finished the painting job! I should have used the picture as a template!  
    So here, I've tried to redo the mesh a bit but when re-importing with Painter, my textures are all weird and my `"Bake Texture" is failing. I'll probably have to redo the painting. 

PS : Is there a way of resizing image inside the chatbox? 

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The silhouette is still not matching.  Exaggerate the form.  Push it farther than you think it needs to go.  Easier to pull something back than to inch forward towards a look.
  • Lilium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lilium triangle
    So I've been thinking about what you said all day, and then I made that! 
    What do you think? (There's a strange glitch with the coffee's edges)

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Definitely looks more accurate.  Good job.