Offline / Send Message
Johan Kuapaa polycounter lvl 4
what do you think?

Replies

• Deathstick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deathstick polycounter lvl 7
    The textures could use some work in unifying the piece, right now the models texturing seems a bit off with varying levels of clean/unclean. The wood on the barrel for instance, is very bright compared to the other materials. The white jugs also stick out due to their clean surface.

I'm unsure of whether the props are supposed to be stuck in either trash, sludge, dirt, or mud. You might want to work on the texture on that as well and the blending between the props and the ground plane. Vertex painting might come in handy here.

Also do you have distance dynamic field turned on? It'll probably help the trees in the background look a lot nicer instead of blending together into one shade of green. I would also consider adding an exponential height fog and atmospheric fog to the scene to help settle objects in the distance further.

Just work on correcting the sharp contrast in the shades of the textures for the various models so they match either other closer and it will already start to look much better. I might redo the red barrels though, right now they seem a bit thin/long and need the edges of the rim trims to be handled better. Barrels are kind of a done thing, so if you have one in your scene you should really spend the extra time to nail them.

The well looks nice! My crit on that is the wood sticks out like a sore thumb due to being unusually clean compared to the rest of the well.

• Johan Kuapaa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you Deathstick for detailed feedback.
  • JLHGameArt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JLHGameArt greentooth
    Scene would look much more effective with some more atmosphere to give the scene some depth after you have worked on the advice given by Deathstick. Right now the background is just this flat wall of green, with no separation between the foreground and background. Add a hint of colour to the light, add some post process effects to push it a little further, depth of field and colour correction.
  • Johan Kuapaa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message