Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Witcher Based Elf

LuizHD
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
LuizHD polycounter lvl 7
I`ve decided to make a new thread for this project since I didn`t wanna spam my sketchbook with it`s wips.

This is what I have so far when it comes to the head itself. I still plan on working more on it since I`m still not happy with the skin`s color and complexion. The beard also needs more love, so I`ll eventually make it more full and re-work on the eyebrow textures since they are too low res.
Another thing I wanna work on is the size of the iris and blurry the edges a little bit more to add a smoother transition.

I`ve also started working on the base mesh for the outfit and made a simulated portrait of how I want the final result to look like (apart from the colors, which are still placer holder)

Replies

• LuizHD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LuizHD polycounter lvl 7
    The basemesh for the outfit so far.
  • Zi0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zi0 polycounter
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    How did you get that stubble hair  O.o?
  • slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    This looks great!  Are the blue streaks paint?  I would think the stubble would have paint on them.  I suppose they could have grown in after he had the blue streaks.  Regardless, really awesome stuff so far.
  • LuizHD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LuizHD polycounter lvl 7
    Zi0 said:
    Cool!

How did you get that stubble hair  O.o?
    I made 3 different textures for the stumble hair (3 hair lines) and made cards for each (2 tris each card) and copied it all around the beard area. It`s still a WIP though. I intend to populate it a little bit more with 1 tri cards later to make it feel a little more like he can actually grow a beard.

slosh said:
    This looks great!  Are the blue streaks paint?  I would think the stubble would have paint on them.  I suppose they could have grown in after he had the blue streaks.  Regardless, really awesome stuff so far.
    Thanks :D! And the blue lines are paint indeed. It`s still a place holder though. I wanted to make something more tribal-like later on, so that`s why he has white stubble growing through it right now lol. Eventually the stubble will be the same color of the final paint hehe.