Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Claymore Fanart.

Replies

• kanga
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Amazing model!
    The proportions on the figure are some of the best I have seen! Also the hair is particularly superb.
    Well done.
  • GuangArt
    Offline / Send Message
    GuangArt polycounter lvl 6
    kanga said:
    Amazing model!
    The proportions on the figure are some of the best I have seen! Also the hair is particularly superb.
    Well done.
    Thanks buddy, it means a lot.:)
  • karytsukino
    Offline / Send Message
    karytsukino greentooth
    Beautiful work! I really liked the face and the hair, you made a great job! :)
  • Starkist
    Offline / Send Message
    Starkist polycounter lvl 9
    Wow, really like it! Very nice take on the character. The only thing I bothering me (probably my eyes are playing tricks on me), but the sword in her hand in the 1st picture seems smaller than the sword on her back which looks the right size.

Good job, m8.
  • Ged
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    great work on her face, and shes a really believable fantasy character in general. What happens to that metallic looking dress thing when she runs or jumps, is it actually not metal and bends?
  • lotet
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    Beautiful, love the face! some of the armor looks a bit wonky, I guess you wanted to be true to the anime design but the Skirt and Boots are looking a bit weird when being done in a more realistic manner like this.

I guess there is nothing you can do about it now but I think its worth mentioning anyway.
  • Ruflse
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruflse polycounter lvl 6
    I love the face too, it has character without trying to exaggerate an expression and it looks natural. I don't know about the high heel shoes tho, that doesn't seem something comfortable for fighting even if they look good on her.
  • Chidambhar_Swaroop
    Offline / Send Message
    Chidambhar_Swaroop polycounter lvl 2
    Awesome work... U r character looks like a Female Protagonist in an anime called Claymore, hahaha. I could be wrong  
  • TheRealRyan_
    Offline / Send Message
    TheRealRyan_ polycounter lvl 2
    Awesome! love the model, really nice a clean looking. But i think you could add some details to the face like pores and skin details? if your in Toolbag you can add a tiling pores map that will do it for you. Hair looks amazing too!
  • Sunray
    Offline / Send Message
    Sunray polycounter lvl 7
    Looks awesome man, only thing that I could say is that you could try to make the eyelashes a bit more visible. And have some more damage on the left side of the face maybe some blood here and there by the lips. And some more veins at the eye. Absolutely love the hair and the pose.
  • Maxilator
    Offline / Send Message
    Maxilator polycounter lvl 8
  • GuangArt
    Offline / Send Message
    GuangArt polycounter lvl 6
    Sunray said:
    Looks awesome man, only thing that I could say is that you could try to make the eyelashes a bit more visible. And have some more damage on the left side of the face maybe some blood here and there by the lips. And some more veins at the eye. Absolutely love the hair and the pose.
    Man you are really on point! I noticed about the lashes later on, they seemed to be washed out somehow after some local reflection/global illumination setting(not sure), but I already decided that I am done with this project.  
    I actually have a cut on the left side of the face but it is small and very low got covered by the hair. Now you mentioned it, I think i should just have a almost horizontal cut around the left cheekbone. 
  • artofmars
    Offline / Send Message
    artofmars polycounter lvl 9
    This is one of the best Claymore fan arts I have seen! Nice work!

• Sunray
    Offline / Send Message
    Sunray polycounter lvl 7
    GuangArt said:
    Sunray said:
    Man you are really on point! I noticed about the lashes later on, they seemed to be washed out somehow after some local reflection/global illumination setting(not sure), but I already decided that I am done with this project.  
    I actually have a cut on the left side of the face but it is small and very low got covered by the hair. Now you mentioned it, I think i should just have a almost horizontal cut around the left cheekbone. 
    If you want a lazy fix for the lashes to be more visible you can just duplicate the lashes hair cards. And inflate them a bit then you duplicate your lashes material and put it on the inflated lashes You can mess around with the opacity of those also the transparency mode. Here is what change I got from it with the character I'm working on. This is probably not the best way to fix it but it works.
    I think you would get the same result if you go to your texture and put the contrast from your alpha channel up. But I haven't messed around with that yet.
  • rohitsinghbhui
    Offline / Send Message
    rohitsinghbhui polycounter lvl 9
    Superb Work, Pose and Presentation looks good
  • trezzinator
    Offline / Send Message
    trezzinator polycounter lvl 4
    I'm a huge fan of the anime and this realistic take is awesome!!! This is Teresa?
  • Chidambhar_Swaroop
    Offline / Send Message
    Chidambhar_Swaroop polycounter lvl 2
    I'm a huge fan of the anime and this realistic take is awesome!!! This is Teresa?
    Even I thought the same thing... I still feel bad how the show killed Teresa...