Home Technical Talk

ZBrush Custom UI Showcase

Replies

• troy1617
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    troy1617 polycounter lvl 7
    hey JohnnyRaptor i really like your custom zbrush ui you think you could upload your custom ui file?
  • JohnnyRaptor
  • Endlessillusion
  • Spoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spoon polycounter lvl 11
    @Johnny, is the subtool list a grid instead of a list? How do you do that? Seems awesome!
  • MrOneTwo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrOneTwo polycounter lvl 12
    Ddn't he blurred out subtools ?
  • Spoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spoon polycounter lvl 11
    Damn, was hoping it was a grid, instead of that long list :) But you are most likely right
  • JohnnyRaptor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnyRaptor polycounter lvl 15
    Spoon, sorry man, iv just blurred/mosaic'ed the regular subtool list. nothing fancy im afraid.
  • Saf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saf polycounter lvl 11
  • SuperFranky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SuperFranky polycounter lvl 10
  • Ashot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Guys, where do you find square brush icons?
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Preferences: Interface: Wide Buttons
  • Fomen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fomen polycounter lvl 4
    Hi everyone! I have the same problem as shogunato had some posts above. The problem is empty space. I've removed unused elements from bottom and right shelves, but the shelves are still there (see the screenshot). How can I hide/delete them? Tab hotkey hide all sheleves. It's not what I need. I want my viewport to be as maximum size as it could be. And I don't need the empty space from unused shelves.
    I very like the first UI in this thread: there no empty space at all :smile: 
    Can anybody help me with this problem? Thanks.

• cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    It kind of looks like there is the top portion of a button hiding towards the button-right (left of the word Remesh), which could explain the bottom and right gap.  
  • Gadorian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gadorian polycounter lvl 7
    I'm left handed, and it's a pain in the ass to work with keyboard shortcuts, so I used to have buttons from various pannels cluttered on the ui. Now I found it much faster to use custom menus, I have 2 of them set on the pen buttons. This way I dont have to swing with my hand too much, it's much more ergonomic. 

• Fomen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fomen polycounter lvl 4
    Cryrid, thank you! It was that button. Problem solved. But I still have some questions. First: can I move/hide notebar (it's the part of title bar, upper red rectangle) or I can't? And the second one: every time I launch zBrush I need to push "Menus" botton to hide menus and load my custom floor grid. Can I setup it automatically? Thanks.

• Treece
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Treece polycounter lvl 3
    Gadorian

I'm one of those lefties also.  Totally sympathise with you mate.   I use a Cintiq 22HD with a game pad.  On this one the Ctrl, Shift and Alt are nicely placed to control with your right thumb or forefinger and spacebar with your right hand little finger.  Oh and very easy to jump between the Q,W,E.  In addition I create custom menus and map to the numbers and remap all the other keys to most used tools.

Not sure if they still produce this one, but just a thought for other left handed bods

Regards

• master777
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So I've been tinkering with my ZBrush UI, never really bothered to customize it but I finally did and it's awesome, I love how flexible everything is. Anyone else uses a custom UI? I'd love to see how workflow changed the UI for you guys.

IA6sVjpg
    how do i download the ui thanks.
  • Demonith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Demonith polycounter lvl 6
    Yeah i like that one to wish to have :)
  • Chase
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chase polycounter lvl 9
  • Chase
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chase polycounter lvl 9
    cryrid said:
    I change mine around a lot. Even now I'm thinking of making a few more changes. Here's two I've stuck with more often.

ui_2jpg

What's the process of adding in custom png's like this color swatch? I tried loading in your script but it wasn't working. User error I'm sure. Figured I'd just try making my own.
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Did you have the CryridUI plugin folder (that contains those psd images) in your \zstartup\zplugs\ directory prior to running the script? It's been a few years but I think that was the process, unless they changed something in recent versions. 

If you're adding your own images, you should be able to do something similar. The folder is just a bunch of images, the script creates blank buttons which use them. Once run it will create a palette in zbrush which stores those buttons, which you can then place around while customizing the ui. 
  • Chase
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chase polycounter lvl 9
    Oh ok I got your script to load and looks fantastic! I just needed to put the script in the same folder as the psd's. I had the script in the separate ZScript folder when it needed to be in the ZStartup/ZPlugs

I'll probably give me a go at making some button images now :) Thank you Mike!
  • Polyfenrir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polyfenrir polycounter lvl 5
  • Polyfenrir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] insane polycounter
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LuisCherubini
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LuisCherubini interpolator
    I'll sell mine + shortcuts over Gumroad for those interested! :)

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • beesonmann
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    beesonmann polycounter lvl 10
    Hey guys, is this thread still a thing?
    I recently got a surface pro and have been trying to figure out a way to get a UI button as a replacement for holding down Shift and Alt. I'm able to zoom and rotate and stuff but I'm not able to lock my camera rotation. Oh and I can't smooth without changing brushes, womp.

Any ideas would be great. I know there are a few tools that just run in windows, but I'd really rather have it actually in zbrush.

Thanks!

• Polyfenrir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox veteran polycounter
    Hey guys, is this thread still a thing?
    I recently got a surface pro and have been trying to figure out a way to get a UI button as a replacement for holding down Shift and Alt. I'm able to zoom and rotate and stuff but I'm not able to lock my camera rotation. Oh and I can't smooth without changing brushes, womp.

Any ideas would be great. I know there are a few tools that just run in windows, but I'd really rather have it actually in zbrush.

Thanks!

the best tool for the surface pro i found is called "radial menu" it also lets you remap the buttons on the pen

Starkemis said:
    Wtf is wrong with you? 
    What is wrong with you? Let him sell whatever he wants, you don't have to buy anything.
    It's highly doubtful that it would sell anyways, so Whatevs :D 
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    did anyone have success in building a custom menu that contains subtool and layer palettes? i can drag-copy the items from within the tool menu as usual but neither of these palettes turns out functional in the end result (slots are not populating properly with newly created subtools and layers).

lastly, is there a way to reorder existing palettes within a custom menu? ctrl+alt+LMB gives me the rename dialog, no way to drag them after they have been created.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    @thomasp - It's reallllly silly - but to move sub palettes they have to be empty - so if they are empty the rename dialog will not appear and you can move them - Idk if there's any other way.

Also can't move certain things like subtool and layers and curve items in the ui. :(
    thanks, that looks like i managed to stumble across ALL the issues within just 5 minutes of playing with it. i encountered the palette move when empty and took it for a bug. i should ditch this wacom pen and start working in QA... :*

custom interface attempt aborted it is then!

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    well it does sound intriguing but what i'm really after is a clean subtool + layer palette without the plethora of buttons surrounding those. :)

btw. does R8 now have a way to permanently shut up those dialog boxes that pop up when you try to delete subtools or switch to simple brush? i'm sure there were others as well that you can only disable for the current session.

• TheOriginalArticle
    cryrid said:
    It kind of looks like there is the top portion of a button hiding towards the button-right (left of the word Remesh), which could explain the bottom and right gap.  
    @cryrid - I'm having a similar issue as @Fomen - when I go to customize my UI to remove buttons (for the express purpose of allowing the shelves to collapse) the buttons I'm trying to remove become hidden when the interface "pops" into customize mode - any idea how to correct this so I can remove the buttons that are keeping my shelves from collapsing to maximize the canvas area?  

The four buttons circled in blue in the first image are the problem children.  

BTW I'm on an ASUS 15.6" laptop with an NVidia GTX 1070 gfx card working at 1920 x 1080 screen resolution, which is the max for the model I own.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Step1: This is how my UI looks BEFORE I go to Preferences > Config > Enable Customize

Step2: This is how it looks AFTER I go to Preferences > Config > Enable Customize (circled buttons become hidden?)

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Zack Maxwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zack Maxwell interpolator
    -Edit- Crap, wrong ZBrush thread. Thought this was the 4r8 one.
  • fuzzzzzz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fuzzzzzz polycounter lvl 5
    Grimwolf said:
    I'm not a fan of the fact that it's still virtually impossible to edit existing multi-mesh brushes, and now also the multi-alpha brushes.
    If you want to change something, you basically have to make the whole thing over again.
    I made some multi-alpha brushes, for example, that now have much larger file sizes than they need to, because in spite of the name "alpha" apparently they store all of the original geometry data and I did not decimate them.
    I made a little script i gonna publish soon  that convert multi alpha brushes into a Ztool with multiple Subtools.
    That could help to rebuild a multi alpha brush, but i wanted it to work with Insert meshes brush, and it's impossible :expressionless:
    Well the free plugin script is named zCycler,  as it also a brush cycler plugin that works with R7 , R8 and PC and Mac.

https://gum.co/zcycler
  • Zack Maxwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zack Maxwell interpolator
    fuzzzzzz said:
    Grimwolf said:
    I'm not a fan of the fact that it's still virtually impossible to edit existing multi-mesh brushes, and now also the multi-alpha brushes.
    If you want to change something, you basically have to make the whole thing over again.
    I made some multi-alpha brushes, for example, that now have much larger file sizes than they need to, because in spite of the name "alpha" apparently they store all of the original geometry data and I did not decimate them.
    I made a little script i gonna publish soon  that convert multi alpha brushes into a Ztool with multiple Subtools.
    That could help to rebuild a multi alpha brush, but i wanted it to work with Insert meshes brush, and it's impossible :expressionless:
    Well the free plugin script is named zCycler,  as it also a brush cycler plugin that works with R7 , R8 and PC and Mac.

How the... I corrected the post a full day ago :D  It was in the wrong thread.
    I'll check it out though, that sounds really useful.
  • fuzzzzzz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fuzzzzzz polycounter lvl 5
    ho sorry i d visited the thread and read it, and clicked on post reply , but i wrote the message few hours later :)
  • cgmystic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Customization of Zbrush a good way to improve work flow.
    With the buttons and sliders quickly available for use!
    You can also customize the UI color scheme.
    Here is mine for zbrush 4r8.
  • schroef
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    schroef polycounter lvl 4

Here's one I'm working on - Trying to incorporate all the new stuff!
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByPtYvHFE_KAU202WlMxYTFrZG8

realizing it will never be perfect so you can DL the in progress - maybe it will give you some ideas!  Popups and embedded menus and macros are great try them out.

Love this color combo. how do you get the menu to popup in the middle?
  • schroef
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    schroef polycounter lvl 4
    fuzzzzzz said:
    Grimwolf said:

Thats a cool llittle script! 
  • kmacneil91
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kmacneil91 polycounter lvl 7
    Playing around with all the fancy 4R8 stuff. Loving the alpha and boolean options, especially. Like to keep my UI pretty clean, but I do have a lot of different brushes I like to switch between (some are downloaded).

I typically use Zbrush for organic sculpting, but really trying to get into more of the hard-surface options and get away from traditional box modeling.
  • Polynaught
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polynaught polycounter lvl 11
    Has anyone seen a nice user interface for 2018.1? I'm looking for some inspiration to update my old 4R8 interface.