Home Technical Talk

Marvelous Designer to Z-brush problem

Emie_S
null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Emie_S null
Hello, so I was wondering if anyone could help me with this. I imported a garment from MD to Z-brush and for some reason it keeps being like this (pictures). I tried welding with different distances, tried z-remeshing from 2-10k (adapt on) polycount and it just keeps being all unweld and messed up and unfortunately it looks even worse after welding and/or z-remeshing. Does anyone know some other trick to make it all weld and nice ? 

thanx :) 

Replies

• Elithenia
    Offline / Send Message
    Elithenia polycounter
    How are you welding things together?
    You should weld your points together.. and you can play with the weld distance so that you don't get any holes left. 
  • Emie_S
    Offline / Send Message
    Emie_S null
    by welding i mean welding points 
  • Emie_S
    Offline / Send Message
    Emie_S null
    Elithenia said:
    How are you welding things together?
    You should weld your points together.. and you can play with the weld distance so that you don't get any holes left. 
    I am welding points (you can weld things? ) and i tried like 70 different distances and it didn't work, there were still holes, most of the time even more holes than before  Do you have a tip for ideal distance ?? I've seen a video where a guy (Travis i guess) said that the ideal is around 7 to 12, but that didn't work for me at all  
  • Emie_S
    Offline / Send Message
    Emie_S null
    I am not sure if this is the problem, and i am not that skilled in z-brush and don't really know why it is there, but it looks like the polys are there, they are just not fully visible. Does anyone please know if these points are the problem, and what or why they are there ? 

• musashidan
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    What are your MD export settings? You can export welded quads. Those orange dots are not verts, they are from the Control cage of the dynamic subdiv that you have turned on.
  • Emie_S
    Offline / Send Message
    Emie_S null
    What are your MD export settings? You can export welded quads. Those orange dots are not verts, they are from the Control cage of the dynamic subdiv that you have turned on.
    Thanx for the tip, i will try exporting it once again. I always export it as quads, thick and with the smallest particle distance my pc can handle, but i am no sure about the weld points settings. And thanx for the "orange" points explanation :) 
  • Emie_S
    Offline / Send Message
    Emie_S null
    Emie_S said:
    Thanx for the tip, i will try exporting it once again. I always export it as quads, thick and with the smallest particle distance my pc can handle, but i am no sure about the weld points settings. And thanx for the "orange" points explanation :) 
    Thank You so much, it worked great :) you are my savior :) 
  • musashidan
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    Glad it worked out.