Home Marmoset

TB3 Keyframe Animations - Camera Question

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Lt_Commander polycounter lvl 10
Is there a way to swap between cameras in the animation editor? I could do an exposure fade and a 1 frame jump to a new position or render multiple camera passes and edit together in post, but it'd be much easier for me to have a handful of cameras to swap between them with keyframing. Is this something I can do now and am just missing the option?

Replies

• Speve-O
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Speve-O polycounter lvl 18
    I'm pretty sure it's not possible inside of Toolbag yet.  I agree, this would be a great feature to have though!  Maybe with the multi-viewport support that EarthQuake hinted at, this is something that will be added at some point.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keyframing the active camera is not currently possible but is something we may be able to add in an update. Soft fades between cameras is a more complex feature, which while not impossible, is less likely to be added soon.

The best way to do this currently is to render a track from each camera and cut them in a video editor program like Adobe Premiere. This has additional advantages as well, you can change where the cuts happen without having to re-render the entire sequence.

You can also keyframe hard cuts with a single camera by using the stepped curve falloff type.
  • Lt_Commander
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lt_Commander polycounter lvl 10
    Thanks! Having an active camera option would help out for pre-viz, but there are always ways around it. I also had some trouble with 'set camera target' locking the view of multiple cameras, including the working cam that I was using to navigate the scene. Slightly unrelated, but the set target wouldn't un-trigger when scrubbing through the timeline backwards. All in all, I made it work though!
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The camera target feature is a bit glitchy, we've discussed redesigning it to better integrate it, and may do at some point if we can find the time. Thanks for the feedback.