Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Westworld; Dolores - Game Ready Character

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
millyparkes polycounter lvl 7

Excited to have some time to start a new personal project and as my freelance work is mostly stylised characters I thought I'd learn the most from working on something more realistic.  I also decided it’s about time I gave likeness another shot as it always seems to teach me a great deal about my weaknesses as a 3d artist.  

I chose Dolores because Westworld is great - and her costume is limited to only a few pieces, meaning I can focus on the quality and execution of a few things without the project dragging on for a year. 

Despite only having a few things to focus on I still find it really helpful to break projects down into subtasks... so I made a spreadsheet.  Yikes.

It obviously helps with not feeling overwhelmed but also displays my options of things to jump between when I just get really sick of placing hair cards.  I'll probably add more things later but this is a general outline of the entire project: 

I also have a Pinterest board set up here;  https://uk.pinterest.com/parkesmilly/dolores/  and a base female from a previous project which saved me a bit of time initially. 

Early block in, I've already tried to hit her likeness in the bigger forms but still needs a lot more work.  

Replies