Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Jak - My Redesign

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Bar0n polycounter lvl 9
I recently got caught up with nostalgia and decided to remake one of my all time favourite characters and gave him some nice rocket boots (because he left his Jet Board at home).
I tried to keep the cartoony look a bit and upgrading the overall look based on my taste, hoping I did him some justice.
you can view it on artstation too: 
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/omebw

Replies

• Melazee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Melazee polycounter lvl 11
    This looks really cool! I'd love to see Daxter in this style for sure. I love the outfit design you've done for him too, I didn't really think about redesigning his outfit on mine. I like how it fits into that kind of fashion they had in the first Jak game. Not sure what you'd call it, hmm.

Only feedback I'd give really is that I think he could definitely do with an optimisation pass as he is very high poly right now. Was he intended to be a game asset? 

Great work anyways. Good to see other Jak art. Let's hope that some day, we will see Jak 4 from Naughty Dog themselves. Ahh well, one can dream ;)
  • Bar0n
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bar0n polycounter lvl 9
    Thank you for your comment! I really appreciate it!
    Well it was meant to be for real time, but since it's just a personal project I didn't have any poly limits and just went with it.
    Maybe next time I'll try to keep it as low as possible, for practice if not.
    And yeah, let's hope for another Jak game!