Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Character Bust (WIP)

Anomaly
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Anomaly polycounter lvl 6
Hey Poly,

Working on a character just for practice I want this to be a grumpy native american character that has slowly started to resemble an eagle in some of his features. I struggle with pushing it further and if you can help with little bits that can add more life to this dude. Thanks so much.

Replies

• Anomaly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Leon_Raven
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Leon_Raven polycounter lvl 9
    Hey there, 

what references are you using for this? At the moment no particular feature or characteristic really pops out. I can't tell the gender and I would have not been able to understand what the character is supposed to be without your description. There is a good construction of the bony landmark on the face, the proportion are a bit cartony (not sure if the character is supposed to be realistic or stylized). 

Drop in some of the references you are using, this way it will be easier for people to give critiques based on what you wanted to achieve. :) 

• Anomaly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey leon not working from reference in what I want but using reference in terms of anatomical and wrinkles. Just wanting to play around and create something from scratch.

First time poly painting skin.

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Use reference.  I see an alien, not a Native American.  You're missing the mark/