Home Adobe Substance

Procedural Textures in UE4

Replies

• Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Don't keep it all to yourself, skyboyfly, show us the game! You've been talking about it for a while now, and expectations are getting to be pretty high. How far along are you?
  • skyboyfly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skyboyfly vertex
    Don't keep it all to yourself, skyboyfly, show us the game! You've been talking about it for a while now, and expectations are getting to be pretty high. How far along are you?
    Not near ready to show yet, but I will soon. But heres the layout of the island, that I still have to build in world machine, And will edit andtexture in UE4
  • skyboyfly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skyboyfly vertex
    Also I have some models done, BUT I need to know the best way to texture/material for a large scale open world game. As I don't want to have to go back later on.
  • derphouse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    derphouse polycounter lvl 4
    skyboyfly said:
    Also I have some models done, BUT I need to know the best way to texture/material for a large scale open world game. As I don't want to have to go back later on.
    Makes sense. Wouldn't want to end up in an iterative process. That always seems to be a waste of time.
  • skyboyfly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skyboyfly vertex
    derphouse said:
    skyboyfly said:
    Makes sense. Wouldn't want to end up in an iterative process. That always seems to be a waste of time.
    Is that sarcasm? Because I'm wanting to find the best way to do materials, and no one has answered me...
  • skyboyfly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skyboyfly vertex
    I still need help...
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You can't expect much help when you don't put in the bare minimum of work. The engine you're using comes with some fine examples for openworld terrain:
    https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/OpenWorldTools/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clakekAHQx0

These took me less than a minute to find.
    Google is your friend!

I suggest learning to search for yourself for a bit, and no longer treating Polycount as your personal wishing well.
    As was made abundantly clear in your previous threads, people have little faith in your ability to create this openworld game you keep talking about, and it'd be best if you'd show that you can at least solve _some_ issues yourself. At that point, come back with something to show for yourself and I'm sure you'll see that people will be much more willing to help.

• skyboyfly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skyboyfly vertex
    You can't expect much help when you don't put in the bare minimum of work. The engine you're using comes with some fine examples for openworld terrain:
    https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/OpenWorldTools/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clakekAHQx0

These took me less than a minute to find.
    Google is your friend!

I suggest learning to search for yourself for a bit, and no longer treating Polycount as your personal wishing well.
    As was made abundantly clear in your previous threads, people have little faith in your ability to create this openworld game you keep talking about, and it'd be best if you'd show that you can at least solve _some_ issues yourself. At that point, come back with something to show for yourself and I'm sure you'll see that people will be much more willing to help.

Ok thanks, I saw this video before... Didn't think this was what I wanted though.
  • sprunghunt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sprunghunt polycounter
    something to keep in mind is that substance designer nodes in Unreal 4 are still converted into textures when they get used. So the memory and performance constraints are the same as if you were using pre-generated textures.