Home Career & Education

Ubisoft Reflections, UK - Interview

MrPinchy
null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
MrPinchy null
Hi everyone! I have an interview at Ubisoft Reflections coming up this week for a 3D Artist Intern role. I'm still starstruck at even having the opportunity to go up for an interview and feeling the nerves as you can imagine.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience or tips that they could share with me, it'd be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Moltar
    Offline / Send Message
    Moltar polycounter lvl 7
    Relax. From my experience, 90% of the time they just want to chat with you and make sure you will fit in.  Chances are you already have the job if you've come this far.
  • thomasp
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    of course, those other 10% can be quite something else. ;)

there's at least one company in the UK that does onsite art tests lasting multiple days, another one - defunct for years now - apparently had the applicants perform tests in front of the whole art team and yet another one who's still trading made at least some applicants - among them an ex colleague of mine - partake in a psychiatric examination and IQ test.
    the boring part is that they tend to announce their procedures beforehand so you're probably not up for much of a surprise. phew... :)

don't wear a suit would be my tip. or else they might just give you the job so they can always make jokes about that particular style faux pas.

• ambershee
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    I've had a few horror interviews in the past; I recall one interview where I asked if there would be a test as I'd be travelling for 9 hours before arriving and would stay overnight if that were to be the case - they told me there would not be. Half an hour into the interview, they had me doing equations on a blackboard in front of three people. Needless to say, when they offered me a job, I didn't take it (pro tip: if they treat you badly in an interview, they'll only treat you worse as an employee).

Reflection's interview will be quite casual. You'll talk a little about your portfolio, experience and where you'd like to be working, what kind of games you like playing.

Don't worry about it at all.