Home Career & Education

In which fields you can work as a 3d modeler ?

In which fields you can work as a 3d modeler ?
as far as i know, its in:
-video games
-movies
-some tv commercials
-sell models on platforms such as turbosquid

but anywhere else ????

Replies

• sacboi
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range

http://www.animationcareerreview.com/articles/3d-modeler-career-profile

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics' Occupational Outlook Quarterly, 3D modelers build 3D characters and environments that are based on the concept art. To create the models’ surfaces or skins, they paint and wrap 2D textures on a digital frame. Modelers also create character skeletons, which animators then control. Modeling is performed using a variety of programs such as Maya, 3DS Max, Pixar's RenderMan, POV-Ray, and many others.

3D Modeler Jobs

3D modelers create characters and environments for video games and 3D movies as well as images and modeling for websites, graphic designs, animation, film effects, simulations, broadcast design, special effects, characters and props for film, television effects, CD-Rom design, and location-based entertainment. These multi-talented professionals also create images/models for geologists, architects, scientists, engineers, healthcare agencies, and more.

3D modelers work in film and video production studios, game design companies, advertising and graphic design firms, web design firms, software companies, architecture firms, laboratories (both science and medical), colleges and universities, product design firms, and manufacturing firms (retail, home, tools, etc.). Modelers also work in aerospace and for environmental agencies, automotive companies, retail firms, government agencies, crime labs (forensics), interior design firms, building technology firms, real estate companies, and many others.

An article from Animation Career Review, detailing a broad spectrum currently available for the role.

• heartlessph1l
    Industrial design, architecture, automotive design, interior design (ikea for example), marketing, construction industry, game industry, cinema and tv industry... 3d is litterally everywhere. My friend is a mechanical engineer working in the aerospace industry and he does 3d modelling all the time (not quite the same 3d as us here on polycount but still 3d)

Any image of a product... a car, an iphone, a house, a teapot, etc. that you see in your surrounding has been modeled. No one hires photographs to take pictures of products anymore. Too expensive compared to modelling.

What tidal blast said too.
  • my account was removed all i got was lousy tshirt
    - Architecture
    - Simulators and simulation softwares
    - Serious games
    - NEWS (tv news, newspaper, etc.)

Serious games :):D
  • rohMizuno