Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP Diablo III Monk

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
mfrederick greentooth
Hi everyone!

I decided I wanted to work on a new project that would allow me to try out new programs and techniques.  I'm currently working on blocking out all the forms and elements for my monk.  Everything was done in Zbrush, Maya, and Marvelous Designer (one of the programs I've been wanting to learn).  I have a few more elements to get in there, and then I'm going to start building/polishing final high-poly assets.  This will eventually be a realtime character.

Let me know what you guys think!  Critique is always welcome. :)

Replies

• peloncr
    Offline / Send Message
    peloncr polycounter lvl 3
    Nothing to add, really amazing work my friend :)
  • mfrederick
    Offline / Send Message
    mfrederick greentooth
    @peloncr - Thanks man!

I ended up getting pretty busy with some other stuff, so I didn't get as much time to work on this as I'd like.  I got all of the elements put together, and have all the major forms and proportions how I want them.  I'm  going to move on to secondary details and tighten some things up a little but where they feel kinda mushy (fleshy parts especially).  The beard is just a placeholder since I'm going to use hair planes for the final model and I'm planning on leaving a lot of the surface detailing like stitches and stuff for the texturing process, so once I get through the polish phase, I'll move right onto the low-poly and start baking.

• Winstone
    Offline / Send Message
    Winstone polycounter lvl 5
    Folds and details look great man!