Home Technical Talk

Inner Bevel Issue

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
wgarts polycounter lvl 3
So I have tried and tried and Googled and Googled. I cant find a fix for this issue. It absolutely has to be a rookie mistake that I just havent had to face head on yet. Absolutely anytime that I have to apply a subsurf mod to a box, or window, or anything with a sharp inner edge like this I hit this snag. 

This issue I am having is the inner edges ALWAYS create this web effect that you can see in IMG #2. Not at all the effect that I am after. 

Any help is much much appreciated. 

Replies

• wgarts
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wgarts polycounter lvl 3
    Okay so, for anyone in the future having the same issue as above. This is how you (or at least how I fixed it) fix it. Add Control Loops (thanks Kyle) down the center and then bevel that towards the bastard edges.

• wgarts
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wgarts polycounter lvl 3
    Okay, so...Here is how I fixed it. With the help of a professional friend of mine (Kyle) I added a control loop and then beveled it to remove undesired bastard webbing. I hope this helps someone. 

• NoRank
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NoRank polycounter lvl 3
    Not to be aggressive or anything, but it is like you said, a rookie mistake lol.

And tbh this doesn't look right to me because you're still having the same issue, just in a minor size.
  • musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    It's not that you fixed it because it wasn't broken. Welcome to subdivision modeling. ;)
  • wgarts
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wgarts polycounter lvl 3
    NoRank said:
    Not to be aggressive or anything, but it is like you said, a rookie mistake lol.

And tbh this doesn't look right to me because you're still having the same issue, just in a minor size.
    It is no longer having that webbing issue it was having before. So this did fix the problem. Even zoomed in its fine. And no worries on the rookie tagging. I know what I am, Im new to the game in comparison to most here. Which is why I ask for help. 
  • heyeye
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heyeye polycounter lvl 6
    I recommend skimming through the "How-the-f-do-i-model-this-reply-for-help-with-specific-shapes-post-attempt-before-asking" stickied thread, lots of really great information for all skill levels.