Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

The Probe

sublime tool
Offline / Send Message
MACHIN3 sublime tool
The Probe is a spherical unmanned vehicle capable of floating and flying and comparable to a drone in its autonomous or remote controled operation.

This project served as a pipeline test, specifically going from Blender/Hardops for modeling, through Substance Designer for baking, to Substance Painter for Texturing and making the whole process as seamless as possible using custom scripting in and outside of Blender. Rendered in Iray inside Painter(for some images, composing 2-3 IRay renders with different light positions into one image Photoshop).

Replies

• Loren Broach
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Loren Broach polycounter lvl 10
    This looks amazing! Really interested in checking out blender.  If you were to create this in Max or Maya would it have been way more difficult to replicate these shapes?
  • MACHIN3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MACHIN3 sublime tool
    Loren Broach said:
    This looks amazing! Really interested in checking out blender.  If you were to create this in Max or Maya would it have been way more difficult to replicate these shapes?
    I haven't used either in a long time, so I'm not up to date with their toolset, but I assume there are similar tools like HardOps around for them. Essentially it's all boolean and bevel modifier based, although I don't keep these two "live", but apply them, when I'm happy with the results. It's like flattening layers in photoshop in essence. Blender is definitely worth checking out. It does it all and does it all well and truly excels at some, IMO.

Thanks for the comment!