Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4][Env] Zero Gravity Capsule

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Shizaiphrein polycounter lvl 6
Hello guys , I haven't posted in a while ...

I have been working on a sci fi capsule in zero gravity
It's almost complete, but I have been working too hard on this and I need a fresh eye on this

I would love some comments on critics to get this from good to great
thanks guys

Replies

• Spoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spoon polycounter lvl 11
    Looking really nice! Great work :)
    By "almost complete', what do you mean, exactly?
    I think a big part of the scene lacks texture\color to take it to the next level.
    The modeling and lighting is really good, I think :)

• gsokol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I dig the concept.  I agree with Spoon.  I think you could do something really fun with making the hallway itself feel very dark and cold, and play up the green, maybe saturate a bit more to create a strong contrast between "life" and cold hard space.   

The plants placement does make me question some things.  These hallways clearly lack gravity, but do they have oxygen?  The stereotypical "space plants" are usually in some sort of enclosed chamber so ensure they get oxygen.  Similarily, since these guys are floating with no gravity, it could be cool to have the plant "shelves" on multiple walls, not just "the bottom"  Maybe all 4 sides of that area of the hallway have plants, maybe the top and bottom do....do something to really play up the idea that these plants are being grown in space, which is entirely different than how its done on earth.

The general bits and bobs and sci fi panels and such are all looking great, I think your biggest gains would be from driving a narrative, and getting the overall color/composition a little more in tune.
  • rgbeard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rgbeard polycounter lvl 4

Looking really cool! I think it could use some more defined lighting and not some much small dots. There are a lot of high contrast points that make my eyes go all over the place. Would have been cool to light the scene from the outside maybe? Or have a clear light from one point with small parts of supporting lights that are more diffuse.

If you still want the small dots on the handles to be like emergency lights for when floating around in the dark you could make them a different color or shape to take attention from them (even thou they should grab your attention in real life it might not support your image)

• Shizaiphrein
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you guys , quality feedback here !
    Spoon said:
    Looking really nice! Great work :)
    By "almost complete', what do you mean, exactly?
    I think a big part of the scene lacks texture\color to take it to the next level.
    The modeling and lighting is really good, I think :)
    I meant that the environment is considerdone .So now I'm collecting feedback from close friends and forums to get it to the next level before publishing (I'm looking for work so I want to make it will attract professionals)
    Ok I think i'll add some stickers and different colors to my props, maybe the space fabric and the plastics have to much of the same colors

gsokol said:
    I dig the concept.  I agree with Spoon.  I think you could do something really fun with making the hallway itself feel very dark and cold, and play up the green, maybe saturate a bit more to create a strong contrast between "life" and cold hard space.   

The plants placement does make me question some things.  These hallways clearly lack gravity, but do they have oxygen?  The stereotypical "space plants" are usually in some sort of enclosed chamber so ensure they get oxygen.  Similarly, since these guys are floating with no gravity, it could be cool to have the plant "shelves" on multiple walls, not just "the bottom"  Maybe all 4 sides of that area of the hallway have plants, maybe the top and bottom do....do something to really play up the idea that these plants are being grown in space, which is entirely different than how its done on earth.

The general bits and bobs and sci fi panels and such are all looking great, I think your biggest gains would be from driving a narrative, and getting the overall color/composition a little more in tune.
    i'll try to contrast a bit more the Life of plants and the cold feeling of space .Maybe places need less light to allow to focus on the important stuff. Also you are totally right I should put more plants on sides or up to show we are in space and that's not on the ''floor'' .

But there is definitely oxygen since it's for someone to travel in :)

Thanks again guys
  • Shizaiphrein
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello guys , so I worked a lot on my scene based on your feedback , and now I have to call It done I hope you will like it !
  • TOBSn08
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TOBSn08 polycounter lvl 7
    Really great, beautiful colours :) Love the angled compositions. The lighting is so much better now and the focal points are so much clearer.
  • bigodon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bigodon polycounter lvl 8
    looks great, i love the lights
  • praesidenter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praesidenter greentooth
    That is a huge improvement on the lighting and colors!
    Although I admit I also digged the more claustrophobic atmosphere in the first pictures. I guess you just did an amazing job with the assets themselves, so you could show them in almost any lighting and they'll look at least decent :smile:
    Great work!
  • macoll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    macoll polycounter lvl 13
    I really dig this scene, thanks for sharing, very inspiring  ;)
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    wow the lighting came a long way. nice rim lighting on most of the major forms to really show them off, and the color choices add some nice depth. really nice work.
  • FreneticPonies
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FreneticPonies polycounter lvl 3
    So cool, great lighting now.
  • Feashrind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Feashrind polycounter lvl 5
    The colors brought so much more to this, I love it.