Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Male Character - [Proportions check]

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Mazz8 polycounter lvl 4
Hello hello!

Can I get a helping hand in making this character's base mesh more appealing? For him, I want something closer to Overwatch's proportions. I'm mostly trying to base him off Genji (https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/a3/15/94/a31594d8c5a0a629dce1d0db344ff9ca.png) Maybe some pairs of fresh eyes could really be helpful for me!

Muchas gracias.

And also for the head, what is giving me the most trouble is the mouth and eye area. Does anything jump out at you guys that you would personally change?

Pic without the write-over:

Replies

• Mazz8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mazz8 polycounter lvl 4
    Tweaked it some more

• lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    hes got some really feminine waist and hips. also side view is looking really stiff and flat, especially the torso area.
  • Mazz8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mazz8 polycounter lvl 4
    Noted! It became really noticeable after you pointed it out, thank you man.

• NickBaker1993
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looking good man, most of it looks well proportioned, the arms look great. The only real issue I can see is that the thighs look a little too thick compared to how slender the chest and waist are. What lotet suggested has helped but they're still a little bulky looking. The muscle structure is good but maybe just slimming them down slightly would help. Genji is wearing armor and it makes his thighs looks thicker than an undressed males would.
  • Mazz8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mazz8 polycounter lvl 4
    Looking good man, most of it looks well proportioned, the arms look great. The only real issue I can see is that the thighs look a little too thick compared to how slender the chest and waist are. What lotet suggested has helped but they're still a little bulky looking. The muscle structure is good but maybe just slimming them down slightly would help. Genji is wearing armor and it makes his thighs looks thicker than an undressed males would.
    Awesome, I'm going to do some tests with bringing his muscle mass down a bit once I'm back from vacation. I want to make the base as perfect as I can before I start designing on top of him. This is where I've left him off:

I'm mostly set on his facial structure, except the eyebags. Something still bothers me about them.

• NickBaker1993
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maybe round the out a little more? They look slightly pointed and usually they follow the shape of the eyeball which is almost perfectly round with the exception of the protrusion on the iris, which shouldn't effect the bags. Either bring the lowest point up a little or the side near the corner down and out just slightly. I always have trouble with the bags as well.