Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Dev Diary - Pantheon - Pixel Art WIPs

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
RennJan polycounter lvl 2
I'm working on a VR game that uses pixel art characters and started using some new software. 

I've started with Pyxel Edit which is doing a great job for animation, its really helping, I tried Sprite Illuminator recently too but realised its going to be difficult to get the right painted normals on an animated character (I just imagine the normals flickering and being inconsistent throughout the frames).

I've started this thread to show my progress with Pixel Art characters as of 24/03/2017 in the hopes that I can get some great critique and improve. I'll share the resources I'm using to learn and my progress below!

Cheers Polycounters!

----

My First pixel art attempt.

I've noticed that the running shoulder animation looks disjointed, and also I'm not a fan of the rib cage on this guy.

Engine Rendering:

Next I'm going to create a warrior, a sword and shield guy with helmet and kinda thinking viking style for now rather than knightly.

I'll get back to making edits on existing WIPs once i've made more assets, had more practice, and maybe got some feedback here too!

Peace x

Replies