Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Vokyo - Futuristic Courier

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
Asura greentooth
Hey guys,

I've been working with @lophead25 on making a character to go with the scene he's been creating (Link to his thread here). 

The character is based on an existing concept art from minovo wang. Ill be aiming for a current gen hero character about 120K rendered in UE4 since the environment will be in engine. I'm really looking to work on my hard surface/ realism skills and this project has a nice balance of both. 

Concept: 

Progress so far:

Replies

• Asura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asura greentooth
    Some more work I did from last night.

Worked on the exo-pack on his back. The concept was a bit vague in this area so I decided to flesh it oud and give it some small story purpose. It functions as a small easy to use physical enhancer for couriers so they can lift a bit more weight and tire less easily after long days of carrying packages and such. I added straps to the chest so it can be held up. I started working on how the straps will effect the jacket too. 

Fleshed out the mask as well. In the future we'll have smog issues and probably need oxygen filters to walk around outside, plus it looks cool :P. 

• jose.fuentes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes interpolator
    coming along quite nicely, cant wait to see where you take this

• Asura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asura greentooth
    Thanks
    jose.fuentes!

Did a lot more work on the Robo arm and cloth. I'm using Layers so I can iterate. This is mainly for the memory folds and experimenting with nuts and bots alphas. Ill be using the alphas as normal decals later in substance, but I want to see how they'd look on the HP. 

• Asura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asura greentooth
    Finished the High poly and i'm on to retopo. 
    I really like how the hat came out. I tried to stay pretty true to the weave pattern that a rice farmer's hat would look like. There was also a seam in the zbrush surface noise I used to make the weave pattern so I added some straw ties to cover it and also add to the "crafted look" of the hat. 

• Asura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asura greentooth
    Did some work on the textures and set up a scene in marm. I still need to go in and finish the zipper and add some decals to the belts. But I'm happy with the results so far. 

• Asura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asura greentooth
    Another lighting pass. I like the overall tone and now need to push some more variation and detail in the textures. 

• Winstone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Winstone polycounter lvl 5
    Looking great so far man! Keep it up