Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portofolio Critique

Crumbkin
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Crumbkin polycounter lvl 3
Hey guys,

I would love to have some critique/feedback and improvement suggestions on my Portfolio!
Let me know what you think and thank you for taking your time! Cheers :smiley:

Replies

• Crumbkin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Heres also some pics of my main assets that I rendered in marmoset:

• Lividius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lividius polycounter lvl 4
    Pretty good work, did you do this from reference art or did you come up with it yourself?
    Also what is it rendered in right now?
    The only criticism I can come up with is that the textures look a bit flat but that could be because of the renderer. If not then I'd suggest adding some variation or imperfections to your stone/metal work. The anubis statue the body and the gold is shiny and perfect like a mirror all over and so is the marble on the pillar. 
    One example that I think makes more sense or is allegorical is that you have grass and bushes outside yet the sidewalk is spotlessly clean! Unless it's supposed to be that way the sharp border makes it look very cg.
  • Crumbkin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I came up with all of it myself. I started with an idea and went along of it with it. Piece by piece it came all together to this. I used reference pictures for inspiration. I made folders of them.

Right now it's rendered in Unity. You can walk around in it with the standard FP_controller.

"The only criticism I can come up with is that the textures look a bit flat but that could be because of the renderer."
    Oh okay. I called this project Temple of the New Gods and so I was looking for something more clean and tidy on purpose. But I did put some grunges on some parts, I didn't expect them to look flat? I think what you say with the grass and the ground looking too clean is a very good point! I should maybe look for some decals. Thank you very much man ! I appreciate it.

If you got anything else to roast me with, I wanna hear it :smile:

I actually changed the pillars a bit but didn't upload it to my portfolio page yet.

Oh and I forgot the top view for some general overview: