Home Technical Talk

Dynamesh import to Zbrush, holes in mesh. [Blender to Zbrush]

polygon
Offline / Send Message
Krato polygon
Hello folks,

I made this battle-ax in Blender and I imported it into Zbrush. When I split it up and started working on the head of the ax, I turned on D-topo and it started acting weird, as you can see below. I'm not sure what is going on here, this is the second time I've imported from blender and the first project did not have this error when I d-topo'd. Any solutions? I have tried different resolutions to no avail.

Replies

• Krato
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Krato polygon
    I messed around with the mesh in blender some more and I think at some point I duplicated the Ax head in blender. I deleted it, re-imported, and now it seems to be behaving. I'll leave this up in the event someone else has this issue someday, maybe they can find this post. 
  • stilobique
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stilobique polycounter lvl 12
    I have this issue... but i can't remeber why. You can check any things.
    • In Zbrush, check if you have a mask
    • In Blender check your size, if your object are very small the dynamesh give a bad result, invert whit a huge object
    • In Blender check your normal and double vertex

Edit : Ho, good if your resolve your issue :) .
    Krato said:
    I messed around with the mesh in blender some more and I think at some point I duplicated the Ax head in blender. I deleted it, re-imported, and now it seems to be behaving. I'll leave this up in the event someone else has this issue someday, maybe they can find this post.