Home Technical Talk

Saving downloaded Alphas, Materials, Brushes in Zbrush

polygon
Offline / Send Message
Krato polygon
Hey guys/gals

I've been downloading new tools and for whatever reason they arent saving when I start a new document or start over on Zbrush. I have stored my config and that did not do anything. I'm sure it's a real quick fix but I'm not sure what else I can do besides 'store configuration.'

Watched a youtube video and the guy downloaded the files directly into his Programfiles(x86) > pixologic folder. Is that the only way to get them to consistently stay in the Zbrush?

-I have downloaded them, placed them into their respective folders, opened them in lightbox, and upon reopening Zbrush they werent there and the quick select bar. :/

Thanks!

Replies

• AtticusMars
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AtticusMars greentooth
    Anything you want loaded on startup needs to be in your ZStartup folder in the appropriate subfolder, if you just want it available in lightbox you can put them inside any of the subfolders in the main ZBrush program folder (ZBrushes, ZAlphas, ZMaterials, etc.)
  • Krato
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Krato polygon
    Anything you want loaded on startup needs to be in your ZStartup folder in the appropriate subfolder, if you just want it available in lightbox you can put them inside any of the subfolders in the main ZBrush program folder (ZBrushes, ZAlphas, ZMaterials, etc.)
    Thank you! I did not notice there was a separate start up folder.
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Just so you know, they recommend not loading up the startup folders as it may impact performance. They suggest keeping the numbers under 20, and putting the rest into the other folders (Lightbox) instead. 
  • Kyetja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kyetja polycounter lvl 7
    Do not store to much stuff in the start up folder, rather use the lightbox folders or you will impact your performance as Cyrid said, additionally you well just get an extremely messy brush menu! Lightbox allows you to get a nice a clear overview.
    You could also look into the XMD Toolbox, it's a dope brush management system by Micheal.
  • AtticusMars
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AtticusMars greentooth
    I use the startup folder only for the items that are needed for my UI to load correctly