Home Technical Talk

Moving subtools together (Zbrush)

polygon
Offline / Send Message
Krato polygon
Hello, I am making a sculpture and in his face he has... eyes! However, I noticed when I moved him around the subtool eyes did not tag along for the ride with the head. Is there a way to fix this? I googled for an answer and I mostly came across "tough luck" posts from 6 years ago. Is there a simple working solution? This will obviously become more of an issue as i start incorporating multiple subtools into a single project.

Perhaps I will need to simply be done entirely with my sculpture, merge everything together, and then start posing? That's my current thought. 

Replies

• [Deleted User]
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] insane polycounter
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CheeseOnToast
    Offline / Send Message
    CheeseOnToast greentooth
    If you're just making little adjustments to the eye area, there's a quicker way than using transpose master. For example, you want to nudge the eyes a bit closer together. I use a soft mask around the area of the face I want to change, then change to the move tool and make my adjustment with a single drag. Now without doing anything else in the viewport, including moving the camera, change to the eye subtool and hit "1" on the keyboard. It will repeat your last action and move the eyes into the correct position. For more elaborate changes, you'll still need transpose master.