Home Marmoset

Errors in Bakes

Kbrom12
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Kbrom12 polycounter lvl 8
Getting some weird errors on part of a mesh I'm working on, figure I'd post up here since I'm out of ideas.
I thought something was wrong with the mesh but it bakes just fine in xnormal and max. First time baking in the baker so maybe I'm missing something?...but its very straight forward so you really can't mess it up.

Anyone got any ideas? 

File if you want to try it yourself - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8uxsf8zK80VMXY1dFE2NHp2Tlk/view?usp=sharing

Thanks

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Hi Kyle,

This was a bug that was fixed with fixed with the 3.01 hotfix. You should have gotten a notice to update for that one. 3.02 is out now which will fix the problem as well. We've had a couple reports of people not getting these update prompts though, have you seen an in-app prompt for the update?

If not, you can download the latest installer from our product page: http://www.marmoset.co/toolbag
  • Kbrom12
    Offline / Send Message
    Just uninstalled whatever I had installed and installed a fresh version of 3.02 and the problem is now gone. I don't recall having a popup for updates but I changed the login from a trial version that's been expired for quite a while now.  Having recently purchased it I probably should have done a fresh install to begin with. 
  • EarthQuake
    Kbrom12 said:
    Just uninstalled whatever I had installed and installed a fresh version of 3.02 and the problem is now gone. I don't recall having a popup for updates but I changed the login from a trial version that's been expired for quite a while now.  Having recently purchased it I probably should have done a fresh install to begin with. 
    Good to know that fixed it.

The trial version and the full retail version are the same executable, the only difference is what sort of account you have, which we check remotely with our license server. So you shouldn't need to re-install when purchasing.

We think there may be a bug that's causing certain people to not receive the update prompt. A few days after we released the 3.01 build, we put out a 3.01 hotfix that should have fixed the issue that you were having here. So it seems like you didn't receive the 3.01 hotfix prompt or the 3.02 prompt. Can you please go to Edit-> Preferences and verify that you have "Check for Updates" enabled?

If that setting is enabled, something isn't working correctly.

Another thing would be helpful, if you could go to: C:/ProgramData/Canopy/toolbag3 and send me a list of the files and file sizes that are located there. This is where the update data is saved. If there is an image.jpg there that would be handy to see as well

Thanks!

• Kbrom12
    Offline / Send Message
    So 'Check for updates' is checked but I'm not sure how much that helps since I did re-installed the software. Not sure if it was enabled with the previous installation. 

Here is what is inside that folder.

• EarthQuake
    Thanks Kyle, looks like you haven't gotten of the update data since the Alpha/Beta period, this is useful info!