Home General Discussion

Forum font colors are washed out!

Hello,

Noticed the font colors are too washed out after a post is created. Same with signature. Makes it not nice to look at in my opinion. Comparison in editor and after post is submitted:

Might be a simple fix.
Thanks.

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    This is a known issue. Two causes:

We can't tweak the styling in the editor; the forum programmers designed that module poorly, baking the style into the html instead of allowing custom CSS styles like everything else.

We (well, I) desaturated the text colors because people are using bolded and colored text in their signatures, alongside regular text in their posts. Which makes the posts harder to read. I mentioned it here, and all the text colors are above that. http://polycount.com/discussion/comment/2497850/#Comment_2497850

I think post content should always trump signatures, which in the end are basically just ads anyhow. Content trumps style.

I wish we could limit sig formatting. But we can't. We do prevent images in sigs, at least. I'd personally like to see sigs limited to 2 lines max, no formatting except links.

It looks like maybe I've gone too far with the text colors. I can take another look.

It might take a little while, my apologies. This isn't a lucrative job for me, paid work has to take precedence at the moment. But I'll get to it eventually. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Here are a couple before/after comparisons. I'm cool with changing things to whatever most people want.

• Maximum-Dev
    There's nothing to be sorry about, Eric. We all know you're helping and we appreciate the time you spend here. :)

I think the colors on the left makes it distracting. But I also think that's because I'm seeing a lot of colorful lines there. On the other hand when seeing those colors a few times in a thread it makes it feel more fresh and pleasant.

The colors on the right specially the red, makes me feel like dead meat..  :p And generally when I see something in those colors I tend to skip reading it.

That's just my opinion.
  • RobeOmega
    Offline / Send Message
    RobeOmega polycounter lvl 10
    I think I would prefer something in the middle of those two if possible. The vibrant colours are a little bit too eye attracting to me and the other colours are quite dull. If I had to choose between either I would say the duller colours however.
  • [Deleted User]
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] insane polycounter
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • NoRank
    Offline / Send Message
    NoRank polycounter lvl 3
    I like the ones at right more, so I'm fine with the way it is now (but that's me).