Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

League of Legends 3D Diorama

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Nahlla polycounter lvl 7
Hey guys and gals,

I've started this piece and just wanted to get some feedback as I work into it more; and also to document my progress as I go along :)

Changes I want to make at the moment.
- The trees were looking way to noisy with the original pine needle pieces I made... think the silhouette looks better with longer grass like pieces so going to change that.
- Roots around arch in BO
- More foliage variation
-Maybe a bit too noisy on the floor

So yeah, any feedback or what not would be appreciated :)

Replies

• Noth
    Offline / Send Message
    Noth polycounter lvl 14
    The art style is way off, are you hoping to match it? What are your goals with this project? To make something based off their art, or to make something that could be integrated into the game seamlessly? The second one is what generally get's you a job at your destination studio.
  • gsokol
    You definitely have some scale issues going on here.

Your grass looks much larger than the tree, and the tree roots are huge.  

In general, everything is just a bit too busy.  Curious to see what changes you make to the tree.  I think that the consistent white edging around the rocks makes them look more "hyper real" than stylized.  Focus on getting nice broad shapes and simple details.  Maybe some of the larger edges can have that white edging, but maybe a bit softer.
  • Nahlla
    Offline / Send Message
    Nahlla polycounter lvl 7
    Thanks for crit Noth and gsokol ! It was really useful
    @Noth - I should have mentioned that I wasn't completely going for League of Legends style; more taking the concept and making it my own :) but thank you for the feedback!

@gsokol Totally agreed with you after I read your comment. I've changed the tree completely. I found doing something more stylized was working more with the environment, hopefully you think so too!  Also grass I have rescaled. 

So i've been doing some work on this the past week and here is where I am up too. I haven't actually baked the roots yet (heh...) going to get on those over the next couple of days and work on the foliage a bit more. Think I also want to work on the arch material. 
    Anymore crit, please tell me! 

Have a great day! 

• Nahlla
    Offline / Send Message
    Nahlla polycounter lvl 7
    Some more updates! Added some more lights / updated some assets. Might have a play with the rim lighting.

Any crit is welcome!   :)