Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Ornate Table

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
3DMad polycounter lvl 4
Hi Here's a table I made over last two days while I was sick !

Replies

• FreneticPonies
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FreneticPonies polycounter lvl 3
    Nicely done! Though I feel like the model's top has some overly sharp corners on it that distract from what I assume is supposed to be a round shape. There seem to be some texture seems right along these overly sharp corners as well.
  • Cglewis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cglewis polycounter lvl 12
    very nice i feel your material work is pretty good! :)
    there are a few oddly shaped facets especially noticeable on the actual table part and in some places the texile density drops noticeably.
  • 3DMad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3DMad polycounter lvl 4
    Thanks for the feedback . I Used turbo smooth after unwrapping and had to ad extra loops to maintain the shape of the drawer. This affected the table top shape with some sharp edges  . I should have put loops on the inside of the drawer. Only noticed after texture and posting . Will Keep in mind next time how loops are affecting overall shape.
  • 3DMad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3DMad polycounter lvl 4
    I also forgot to change my mesh back to editable poly after the smooth so it was editable mesh and the topology looks really crappy ! Learning.

• X-One
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    X-One polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah...never collapse that Turbosmooth modifier. If you have to for some reason, save another file. In many cases, the base mesh, or a lower iteration of your Turbosmoothed mesh, can quickly become a usable low poly mesh, so it's not usually the type of thing you want to lose.
  • 3DMad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3DMad polycounter lvl 4
    That's exactly right once collapsed and saved there's no going back to try to remove the loops as there are about 100 from the smooth . will take advice next time and save the lowpoly as a different save file.