Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Warhammer 40k - Adeptus Astartes Blood Raven Space Marine [Finished]

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
KyleReeceHall polycounter lvl 11
Hey Polycount!

So its been a long time since ive used this site! But here goes nothing, I've put this project off for too long!

I have always wanted to make the definitive, realistic, true scale 3D Space Marine. Ive had annoyances with how they have been made in certain 40k games and movie adaptations and want to put my spin on it, and I'd like your help!

I think the best versions of the 40k Space Marine have been in Plastic Wax's Dawn of war 2 Cinematics, and im also very fond of the in game models from the third person action game "Space Marine" so proportion wise im aiming somewhere in between. 

My Goals for this project in order of importance are:
1. Finish the damn project.
2. Have a aesthetically pleasing "correct looking" fully armoured space marine. 
3. Make multiple Space Marine weapons
4. Have the model posed in a diorama action scene within marmoset.
5. Have some if not all of the armour be removable to show the bad ass underneath (including the black carapace and how the power armour is worn, just for me really, it most likely wont be seen in the final set up! This is the less important goal)

Id love as much feedback as possible and any references for sweet looking realistic space marines would be much appreciated. 

For you Lore nuts im going for Mark 7 "Aquila (Eagle) Armour" to start much might experiment with the face gaurd from the Mark 8 Armour/

Here is my current reference board I will be updating: https://uk.pinterest.com/kylehall3572/space-marine-project/

I have started modelling the helmet and blocked out the proportions in 3ds max, I want to get the proportions spot on before I start the hard surface modelling, most of the detail will be done in substance painter with alphas. 

Replies