Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Cersei Lannister Game Model

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
MDyermaker polycounter lvl 3
>>> Final <<<

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Everyone,

First of all, thanks for checking out this page, it's my first time using polycount and I've heard great things about the community. I'm looking for some constructive feedback and advice on a current personal project I'm working on. I'm creating a game ready bust of Cersei Lannister from Games of Thrones with multiple hairstyles and accessories. The project, in essence, is to focus on likeness sculpting, preparing game ready models and textures, creating real-time hair seen in next-gen games, and creating multiple versions of the same character.

I have already modeled the high and low poly meshes, created uv's, and started the texturing process using Substance Painter. I'd love to hear any tips and tricks for creating hair cards and textures and am open to critiques on the current sculpt and textures.

Thanks!

ref board

Replies

• MDyermaker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is the current state of things. Model and Textures. Blocked out the hair in Zbrush for the overall shape. Once I finish up the face and accessory textures for this version I will move onto the hair

Model

Texturing Progress01
  • JHS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JHS polycounter lvl 5
    SHAME! *ding ding ding*
    good start, don´t know if the missing makeup or hairs make her look unrecognizable for now.

• Sebeuroc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sebeuroc polycounter lvl 13
    Nice work so far. I looks like her, but you could the likeness further. For starters, the eyeballs are too low. As a rough guideline, the upper eyelid should just about touch the edge of the pupil (instead of the iris). Also, the upper lip on your model is definitely thicker than the reference. Cheers, keep up the good work!
  • MDyermaker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @JHS Thanks, hopefully once I finish texturing and add the hair she will look recognizable
    @Sebeuroc Thanks for the advice! I will be fixing those issues addressed and I agree, I can definitely push the likeness further. I plan on imitating the expression from the bottom right image of my reference for the final version.

Btw, another thank you, Zane, for your Elk Ranger Creation tutorial. Learned a lot from the series.

Updates soon

• MDyermaker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok. Got some time over the weekend and made some adjustments to the hi res sculpt. Added details to the lips, eyes, mouth, nose, chin, and forehead. Will be adding skin pores via texture process. Next: Baking, eyelashes, eyebrows

• MDyermaker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Current Progress. Imported the model into Marmoset Toolbag and began creating materials. Pretty safe saying I'm almost done with skin texture. Updated eyeball meshes with textures, still some tweaking to do. Started on eyelashes. Want to add corneas to eye shapes, improve eyelash texture, add eyebrow geometry, and of course the hair.

If anybody can help me out, I'm having an issue on seam lines in the middle of the neck with the mesh. It shows up regardless of any textures (Normal Map).

Marmoset Toolbag 3
  • MDyermaker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi!
    Been a week since my last update. Feels like a long time..
    Here are the updates: created new eye model, inner and outer with texture, updated eyelashes, subtly added to the skin texture, created hair plane eyebrows, tear duct geo, waterline geo, and.... Hair!
    The hair is in super WIP at the moment but wanted to post progress anyway, basically just alpha and plain color. Need to add more Hair Planes overall and create the braids, textures. If ANYONE has suggestions for the hair please share, I could use some help. I'm just sort of winging it. 

She's Balding!!
  • MDyermaker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright, haven't given up. DETERMINED to get this **** done. Gotta say, in that last update she was looking a bit Gollum-Esque. Glad to resolve some of that this time.

Made a BUNCH of changes over the past week. Again, went back to the sculpt changing features ever so slightly to bring more of that likeness out, then re-baked. Updated skin texture and material. Eyes. Eyelashes. Eyebrows. Lips. Added more hair volume and started her braids. Added some SSS to the Hair and finally BAKED normal, ao, and alpha maps for the hair. 

Don't mind the patch of hair on the back of her head that's missing, working to add more volumes and hopefully wrapping up soon.

Until next time! Keep it real.

• MDyermaker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok, I'm wrapping up this thread and calling this piece finished. If you want to leave some critiques that would be more than welcome. I will use them on my next art piece, which I will be starting soon.

And as Truman once said, "In case I don't see ya, Good Afternoon, Good Evening, and Goodnight."