Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Archaeological Sci fi

Replies

• Doodlok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Doodlok interpolator
    This probably won't mean much coming from le novice student, but I just wanted to drop by and comment how amazing this is! Modelling and texturing is fantastic and design wise I genuinely love your taste in how you mixed old and new technologies. Thanks for le inspiration and great work!!
  • rahulkul2003
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rahulkul2003 polycounter lvl 8
    Thanks buddy.
    As this artwork in my own concept so even for me it was a challenging part to blend two old and new element without making it looking stupid,but finally got what I was aiming for.

Thanks once again
  • kohg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kohg polycounter lvl 8
    This looks great. Can you tell us a little bit about your process? What did you use to texture? Are the trees done with speedtree? Some of your low polys seem to have just one or two smoothing groups is that correct?
  • escha
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    escha null
    Inspirational work, especially on the stone texturing. Can you share with us a little on your process of achieving those materials?
  • macoll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    macoll polycounter lvl 13
    The scifi models look really 'blacky' to me but the overall scene is very very cool, original and inspiring, gratz ;)  ...Kinda Killzone spirit which is great!
  • rahulkul2003
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Kohg..
    I used a sci fi High poly models for starting with concept and based on that I cut  down and added my own details and made models based on my idea, after that baked normals on low poly models and did texturing in quixel suite.
     I have only used unreal engine 4 kite demo trees library in this scene and about smoothing I only looked at unreal output or normal and shading.

Thanks once again
  • rahulkul2003
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Escha.
    I used quixel suite for all assets texturing,so I added 6 to 7 concrete materials in quixel and played with their values and colors, with added dirt and ageing. Also tweaked certain things in unreal engine materials.

I will come with its detailed breakdown soon then i'll send you the link for better understanding.

Thanks

• rahulkul2003
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Macoll for appreciation.

• Cglewis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cglewis polycounter lvl 12
    I really like the concept! but i feel your rock material and structure is amazing but the sci fi elements fall short and i think part of this is your lighting and the other part is your texture.

Lighting:
    you have various light sources of different colors but none of them impact the environment the biggest example is the orange over head light that is not visible on any of the meshes below it. same would go for the glowy bits witch are really cool but do not show up on the meshes/env

Materials:
    your materials for the sci fi bits seem to be a mixed bag....some are pretty good but i dont understand the placement of the ware especially on the "gate" also your spec/rougness maps on your sci fi metal elements do no reflect the texture detail really prevalent in the far shot showing the entire scene. Also you have an extremely muddy area but on the walk way there is no mud or dirt.
  • rahulkul2003
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Lewis,

Thanks for the feedbacks..I understand that currently their are some mistake in art work as I am also familiar with some of them but as for now I focused on certain area as this is my first environment. I will make sure next time I consider with all aspects.  

Thanks