Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Loenskov

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
loenskov polycounter lvl 7
Hi everyone. So first of all it's really nice to be part of this community. Places like this are what help me stay inspired and creative :smile:.

This will be a sort of an art dump for me, where I will be posting stuff I am / have previously worked on the past few years.
A bit about me:
I am a 3D Character Artist from Denmark, working in the games industry. I have experience working with the entire art pipeline at the companies I've previously worked at, but my main passion has always been 3D Character Art. I'm a bit of the offshoot as well, since I love me some rigging and scripting to go alongside my characters.

Replies

• loenskov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So here's a kind of a big Art Dump from the last game I worked on at Funday Factory. It's called Spellbinders and it was a collaboration between Kiloo and Funday Factory. I did most of the character art alongside the extremely talented Bo Mathorne. We were a dynamic duo of artistic awesomeness! It was a great production to be part of and I had the opportunity to develop some optimization tools that helped us keep the game "mobile friendly".

In the game, you play as a Titan battling against another Titan. The Titan's don't really duke it out one-on-one per se, but they influence a 3 laned battlefield, where they send units towars each other's base. They can affect the tide of the battle by casting powerful spells and unleashing monstrous beasts.

The first Titan you encounter and play as in the game is Theos, the Titan of thunder. He is the larger than life braggert, whipping lightning around everywhere. I collaborated with Bo on this character and created several skins for him.

Here is a version of him on sketchfab:

model

Next up is Mortis, the Titan of Death. This character was extremely fun to work and went through quite a few iterations before we finally had her nailed down. She manipulates the speed of combat and set forth undead minions, vampires and liches.

A version of her on Sketchfab:

model

Oakroot is the grumpy Titan of Nature, awoken too soon from eternal slumber. He basically just wants to be left alone. His abilities can root his enemies and his force of druids and wisps do the rest.

Sketchfab version of his base skin:

model

A Titan from outer space. Scraps is a Titan hellbent on invading the older Titans' world. He used supercharged lasers to damage and stun enemy troops, while using his special robot units to shield his own.

Sketchfab of him:

model

To alter the outcomes of the battle, each player gets to choose between a selection of "Ancient Creatures". These creatures have very different abilities and can alter the outcome of a fight. It was a lot of fun to design and build these characters with the same skin / theme in mind. They were all supposed to be a combination of rock and gold.

All of these are on sketchfab as well:

model  model
    model
    model
    model
  • redcap
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    redcap polycounter lvl 11
    Wow this is some amazing work!
  • Enalya
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Woa I saved and liked almost everything you did for this xD (of course crediting you)
  • Christian Nordgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Christian Nordgren polycounter lvl 11
    Amazing texture work and solid animations, I really just want have a 3D model and touch that tortoise enemy.

Good work!
  • loenskov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks a bunch for the kind words :smile: . I have a lot more to show from this game, which I will be posting in the coming week.
  • Tomiajayi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tomiajayi polycounter lvl 2
    the texture work is really supreme on these.
  • loenskov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just wanted to do a quick update tonight. More to come tomorrow.

This is the lineup of Theos' army in spellbinders. They were really fun to create. They all share a 1k texture atlas and have all been built with the same rigging script I created specifically for this production.

And a quick little sketchfab of them all together:
    model
  • loenskov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aaaaand I had some time to sneak in the next lineup :).

Also another sketchfab:

model