Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Brush selection is very slow

sublime tool
Offline / Send Message
defragger sublime tool
hello,

when changing brushes in 3do the frame rate drops down significantly. When I close the brush selection menu everything is back to normal with very good performance.

Also the default brushes take forever to appear in brush selection menu. Aprox one alpha per second. I think this causes the performance drop down.

Is this normal behavior or am I doing something wrong?

I also noticed that some brush categories like "misc" are listed not once but many times. I tried to reset all brushes to default but it doesnt help.

thanks for any ideas

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Close 3DO and reopen it. This should clear up the behavior you're experiencing. I'll forward this to our SUITE programmer to see if we can find the trouble causing it.

Regarding brush categories, I'd suggest a clean install of SUITE - uninstall, reinstall, and try loading 3DO again.
  • Unleashed
    Offline / Send Message
    Unleashed polycounter lvl 19
    On the subject of brushes, is it possible to resize the brush panel? Also is it possible to scroll between categories without using the mouse wheel? I dislike switching from mouse to wacom pen when selecting different brushes, not sure if Im missing something.
  • Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    It's not possible to scale the brush panel yet. You can switch between brush categories by dragging the title bar of the brush tabs left and right.