Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Female Head Modeling

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Sahil Bhardwaj polycounter lvl 2
I am new in organic modeling.I want to model a female head but i don't know how, i saw too many tutorial and now i am confused.I know for human modeling i need to study human anatomy but when i saw wireframe model of human face their wireframe don't look same.I really want to make a female face and then the whole body but i am stuck in face pls help........

I made one head on my own I know its not good but i want to know how i make it good......

can you tell me whenever i am making a face how much polygon i use to make a eye....I start my modeling with eye.

Replies

• FemCharles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FemCharles greentooth
    You might want to start looking into learning how to use zbrush. Now days organic modelling is done within zbrush because it is a lot easier to flesh out the forms.
  • Sahil Bhardwaj
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I know ZBrush a little but with mouse i cant handle the shape and mouse cursor when sculpting.......before i go to Zbrush do i need a base model and how i start face modelingg in Zbrush......
  • Sunray
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sunray polycounter lvl 7
    I know ZBrush a little but with mouse i cant handle the shape and mouse cursor when sculpting.......before i go to Zbrush do i need a base model and how i start face modelingg in Zbrush......
    base model is optional.
  • Sahil Bhardwaj
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So tell me how i start face modeling in zbrush and what is wrong with this model in upper image.Is my wireframe is right or not.
  • FemCharles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FemCharles greentooth
    I just want to say firstly that i'm not a character artist, and secondly everyone has different ways of working. There is no one set way of working, whatever works for you!
    Most of the people who i know that are character artists do have base meshes. These are usually changed and modified over a long period of time to be 'more ideal' base meshes. The reason i suggested maybe using zbrush to start with is because i personally find it easier to flesh out the shapes of human anatomy than in max/maya and it is a lot faster for me. Once i got the proportions in i then went back and retopo to create my first base mesh. After that i can use this base mesh for the future.
    I suggested using this method because it is your first time building a base mesh.

Something like this:
    Hastune Miku Base Creation by HazardousArts
     Alternatively you could probably find base meshes online.

Your current base mesh still has some proportion issues, particularly shape of head. Typology wise you want to keep your polys square as possible. You might also want to add some typology for the ears.

I hope this helps.

• Sahil Bhardwaj
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for your reply, but one question the image you sent me there are 3 models in this image right, so i need to create a first one in Zbrush and it automatically create 3d coat retopo (2nd one) or i am wrong and how about eyes and nose holes.......And how i create the first one like with sphere or is there any other tool for creating base mesh in Zbrush for shape and one other thing, can i achieve this type of result with mouse or do i need pen tablet for ZBrush because i work in Zbrush with mouse, I don't have pen tablet.
  • AtticusMars
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AtticusMars greentooth
    Get a tablet, you're not going to get very far as a character artist without one.
  • FemCharles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FemCharles greentooth
    Thanks for your reply, but one question the image you sent me there are 3 models in this image right, so i need to create a first one in Zbrush and it automatically create 3d coat retopo (2nd one) or i am wrong and how about eyes and nose holes.......And how i create the first one like with sphere or is there any other tool for creating base mesh in Zbrush for shape and one other thing, can i achieve this type of result with mouse or do i need pen tablet for ZBrush because i work in Zbrush with mouse, I don't have pen tablet.

In the image the first model is created in zbrush. You can do this multiple ways using dynamesh and zremesher. The second image is the retopo, this is not automatic process, it is done by hand and can be done in multiple different software. The 3rd image is your final base mesh. It may be worth having a few days watching tutorials on character pipelines, zbrush sculpting and retopologizing so you have a better understand of how these kinds of things are done before diving into creating a character. I would also strongly recommend buying a tablet! 
  • Sahil Bhardwaj
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok thanks for reply......I will see if i find any tutorial related about character pilpeline..Thanks again
  • Sahil Bhardwaj
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello, I saw some tutorial of retopology. I don't know but i understand this, first make a really high polygon model in zbrush. When doing retopo in high polygon mesh i saw they are making or tracing on high poly mesh, so lets say i made a high poly mesh and when i am doing retopo how should i know where to start or how to make a shape, can't it trace automatically.It's like i am making a character in maya with reference image in zbrush it's a 3d model instead of reference image,pls tell me if i am not correct  about this or tell me in just simple words so i can understand it. :)