Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Amatorial racing game for mobile device. Review and suggestion

pworld
null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
pworld null
Hi to all,

I'm a solo developer with programmer experience but lack of expertise in graphics. I'm here to ask tip and help to improve my game graphics, more than technical from an "artistic" point of view. I can't explain why but there is something missing in the graphics, it looks just ok (maybe)... certainly it is not great and I can't understand what I'm doing wrong.

It is a mobile game, so I try to limit resource for texture (the whole game is 27M) and I can't exceed with shaders effect.

The route is randomly generated at runtime, so the scene is built from repeated base element, sometime modular like building floor.

Do you have some idea of what can I do to do better than this? Here some screen shoot to give you an idea.

Thanks for the help and contribution

Replies

• jose.fuentes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes interpolator
    Here are some thoughts:

Your lighting is really harsh, I would try to see if you can soften those shadows, to move away from super black shadows 

see if you can get some reflections in the cars

can you bake some light maps on your objects?  That will help add some depth 

your sky maps are a little boring, perhaps see if you can do something with more interesting.  For example, if you do some sort of sunset sky, you can add some orangy color to  the lighting and make it more interesting