Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Game art portfolio

Hey guys, I am posting my latest works here. Please check them out and feel free to comment. I want feedback from you guys. Thank you 

http://siddharthj91.blogspot.in/

Replies

• almighty_gir
  • jose.fuentes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes interpolator
    blogs are def not the way to go, with that said mine is a blog but its with a template

www.jose-f.com

if i need to scroll down to look at a bunch of your art, its not worth the time.  I would say find some artists that you like and mimic their websites.

The first thing you should see is your art, make it easy to see.  The more work you have to do to find your art, the less likely people are to spend the time browsing your work 
  • Dan Powell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dan Powell polycounter lvl 5
    Agree with above - Blogs really aren't great for showing a Portfolio. If you don't want to build a Portfolio website, you should at least use a nice community website like ArtStation, which will automatically create a portfolio for you. If you look at my portfolio signature link you'll see what I mean. :) The best portfolios are custom-made, but ArtStation is a good option imo!

Try not to put WIP stuff on your Portfolio - it could suggest that you don't finish work especially if it's been posted on there for a long time without any updates. Personally if I put any WIP stuff on my portfolio then it's only the piece I'm currently working on, and I make sure to get it finished or at least post regular updates.

I think your Chemical tank is your strongest piece at the moment. The normal map looks pretty good and the textures are nice and detailed! :) 

Did you recently learn how to bake normal maps from a high poly model? Your chemical tank has been baked, but the Fire Extinguisher model hasn't. The fire extinguisher has nice textures but because it wasn't baked from a high poly model it doesn't have any nice smooth edges which is what breathes realism into the piece. Imo I'd give that Fire Extinguisher another go: bake it like you have with your chemical tank; it's a good piece of work that's being let down by the lack of a good baked normal map. :P

All of your work is using the legacy workflow (diffuse/normal/specular) - have a look into using PBR textures (you'll find tonnes of resources for PBR texturing on YouTube for free.) Marmoset has plenty of resources for PBR learning, such as http://www.marmoset.co/toolbag/learn/pbr-practice
  • siddharth_zekken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks all for your valuable feedback :) yes, I am aware that blog is not good for portfolio.. my website is still WIP. Once it's done, I lol post the link here..please check it out