Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Russian IS-3 Tank

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
two_larsens polycounter lvl 6
So, I over the last bit of time, I've been working on making a Russian IS-3 tank come to life.  It was a real interesting task, with a lot of little details that all had to be captured for the completed look.  I've included some images of the high/low poly.  What do you think?  It would be great with some feedback on this.  Some of the sections - like the turret, was brought into ZBrush, to get a more organic look - with the smears, knocks, and whatever else tanks have during their lifetime.

Thanks!

Replies

• jaker3278
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jaker3278 polycounter lvl 8
    The renders are very dark and the tank blends in with the back ground to much its hard to make out the details with the lighting like it is. Its a very nice model though the attention to detail is great. 
  • Kel-Shaded
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kel-Shaded polycounter lvl 6
    Agree with the above about the presentation,
    But the model is very cool, really interesting tank dude
  • two_larsens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hmm...  I can tweak that, since it appears to be a problem.  I know looking on my IPhone, for instance it can look dark, but it actually looks fine on my monitor.  However, tweaks are upcoming :)  It shouldn't be a big deal.  Thanks!
  • gfelton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gfelton polycounter lvl 6
    Like everyone's been saying, that green is a bit too dark for that background. Only problem I have with this model though, everything else is superb! Very well done :)
  • two_larsens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay.  Fixed the dark images.  Hopefully the details should stand out a bit more.  Any critique?
    Thanks!

Henrik
  • theonewhoknocks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    theonewhoknocks polycounter lvl 6
    Looks great man, I'm finishing up a tank with a crap load of details too. I know how tedious this stuff can get. I think the only thing that stands out is the swirly dirt and rust on the barrel of the turret, its looking a little to procedualy made right now.
  • two_larsens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You know what?  You are right.  I'll change that.  I think that showed up when I had to brighten the images.  The way I have it on the screen, it doesn't look like that.  I'll fix it.
    I think what's fun, making tanks, are all those details.  It isn't just a thing - it is hundreds of items in reality - almost a small world in itself.  And what's great too is how every little thing is something - at least I, can remember - how many bolts, wear and tear - all such things.
    Thanks so much for the feedback!