---------------------------
Newest Update:

New char for my portfolio :)

Hp so far.

Replies

• Wendy de Boer
    Offline / Send Message
    Wendy de Boer interpolator
    Lots of progress already! You are on a roll, I see. :)
    I think it's looking cool so far, but I think you could study the anatomy of horse's hind legs to help with the details below the knee. Right now, it seems to be lacking some structure.

In addition to that, I would consider making the gaskin (tibia) much longer, and perhaps compensate by making the femur a bit shorter. Bio-mechanically, the shorter the femur and the longer the tibia is, the swifter the leg can move. In a gazelle, for instance, the tibia is actually the longer bone.

With their horse-like legs, you'd expect the Draenei to move swiftly and elegantly, but with such a short tibia, you'd actually have great trouble animating the character properly. Specifically, you'll find that she won't be able to take long enough strides, and she will not be able to crouch at all, much less do a crouched walk.

Ofcourse, I can understand the desire to make the leg look more humanoid in proportion by making the tibia so short, but it's going to give you a lot of trouble. In fact, I made the very same mistake a couple of years back on a character with horse-like legs, and the animation ended up looking downright silly at times as a result. So yeah, just a friendly little word of warning!  ;)
  • SveinY
    Offline / Send Message
    SveinY polycounter lvl 6
    @ Wendy de Boer Thanks so much for the crit! and yeah ur were right I was just lazy and did not study the legs enough. I gathered more ref on it and reworked them, tho it may even need more work.

So gotten a bit further with the HP made more armor, defined stuff on her face etc, also started a bit on her weapon :) Ignore the shit hair thats just a placeholder for the hairplanes.
    And yeah fishnet stockings are not armor but its my character so I decide o_-

• Wendy de Boer
    Offline / Send Message
    The legs are in a better place I think, although it's harder to tell with the fishnets. Ankles, lower legs and feet are an often understudied subject, IMHO. I think it's worth spending the time to get them right. :)
  • Cremuss
    Offline / Send Message
    Cremuss polycounter lvl 12
    You definitely have strong sculpting skills. I like the head a lot, the torso is looking quite cool as well (although there's a weird bump near her scapula I think) and the armor is quite decent. There's a difference in thickness in the swirly pattern thing between the shoulders/breasts and the forearm pads though. Those may be too thin to be baked and read properly so make sure to emphasize them. It's WoW afterall.

I also agree with Wendy de Boer, the legs are better but still, there's a lack of definition, especially near the feet and the feet themselves which are a bit blobby. The character doesn't feel to be properly grounded somehow. Ah, and drop the fishnets haha.

Keep it up ! nice effort so far :)
  • SveinY
    Offline / Send Message
    SveinY polycounter lvl 6
    Wendy de Boer and Cremuss Thanks I did bit more work on the legs :) I put up a pic of the legs without any gear on so u can see how they are now. Also as I said earlier I know some people wont approve of the fishnets but its my char and I want them lul.

I took a little break from this char but I am back on it now. I am pretty much done with HP and I began doing a quick test bake for the head just for fun. I also started blocking out the hair since I always feel I am terrible at it, its getting somewhere tho I am not happy with it yet.

• Wendy de Boer
    Offline / Send Message
    It's coming along nicely! I would also spend some extra time on the hands. The way the fingers connect to the hand feels a bit odd, both on the knuckle side and the palm side. I think the knuckle of the index finger should be brought out a little as well. The wedge of the palm seems a little too thin in this area.
  • Mateus
    Offline / Send Message
    Mateus interpolator
    I like it a lot. Don't know if you are willing to put extra work on this, but a shield on her back would be cool. Just a thought.
    Are those stockings just a texture/painting?
    Looking forward to see it finished.
  • tda
    Offline / Send Message
    tda polycounter lvl 16
    Hey dude, love the quality of the sculpting on display here. Super clean! It's probably a little late for this, but the legs on her feel a little weedy, especially when you compare them to the size of her hips/butt. I did a quick fudge in photoshop of an earlier image to illustrate what i mean, hope you don't mind. I'm not 100% sure if you've changed stuff since this pic but i wanted the side shot. It feels like they need to be a bit thicker in the thigh area where they connect to the body, angled back a little (athough after posing this is a moot point) and maybe slightly longer overall?

• SveinY
    Offline / Send Message
    SveinY polycounter lvl 6
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/WJmZD Viewer Here.
    @ Wendy de Boer I reworked the fingers and the hand a bit before I baked it and did the texture. I really appreciate the crits!
    @ Mateus Thanks! :) but I did not choose to make a shield for her since he uses the huge Ashbringer sword :D and yepp the Fishnet is mesh I tried to paint it earlier on when I worked on the HP but that did not look good at all heh
    @
    tda Thanks dude! and thanks for the crit I agreed on it and made her thigh thicker :)

• Wendy de Boer
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice finish, man! I love the colors you used in the final texture.
  • SveinY
    Offline / Send Message
    SveinY polycounter lvl 6
    @ Wendy de Boer Thanks! :D and thank you again for all the great feedback! I am looking forward to see more work on your Grommash :)
  • Mateus
    Offline / Send Message
    Mateus interpolator
    Wow! She's gorgeous! Amazing work on her face on the beauty shot!
  • tda
    Offline / Send Message
    tda polycounter lvl 16
    Sick finish bro, really like how it came out. I like the emissive touches on the gemstones too, great stuff!