Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Will Pitzer (Saulti)

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
saulti polycounter lvl 6
Hey everyone!
 This sounded like a neat way to track my work and possibly get some feedback along the way. Im gonna start by posting a piece I had started a while back for a contest, but then due to deadlines no longer had time to see it through. It was originally for the Beauty and the Beast substance contest and I liked where I was going with it, so I dragged it out the other night and started cleaning it up. This is what I've got so far. 

Feedback welcome

Replies

• saulti
    Offline / Send Message
    saulti polycounter lvl 6
    Spent a little of my weekend posing him and starting to add a little more character to him. Im not sure what I want to do with the hair yet. I'd like to give him some braids perhaps. Still needs a lot more polish but I think it's going in a good direction right now. After I figure out his hair Im going to add a necklace and some scars probably. Any suggestions on improvements I could make?

• saulti
    Offline / Send Message
    saulti polycounter lvl 6
    Cleaned up some things, pushed the pose a bit more, added some accessories and did a little detail work. I think Im gonna call the sculpt done. I want to mess around with getting some nicer renders and making a nice presentation for this. I also started dabbling in Keyshot. Ive never used it before and think I need to spend some more time getting a custom lighting setup. Here's a render from Zbrush and then one from Keyshot just using their standard setup lighting. 

• saulti
    Offline / Send Message
    saulti polycounter lvl 6
    Woke up this morning and fiddled with keyshot for a few hours trying to learn it a bit. I think these ones came out pretty nice. I'd love it if any rendering/keyshot gurus had any thoughts on what I could be doing better. 

• saulti
    Offline / Send Message
    saulti polycounter lvl 6
    New sculpt started tonight in some free time. My wife was working on some character designs for a class shes been taking on the weekends recently and came up with this great portrait of an "evil step mother". I decided to build out her illustration in 3D so I can keep practicing some stuff I dont get to do at work. 
    Here's the illustration. My wifes name is Maya Lior and you can find her stuff at http://www.mayalior.com/

And here's the block in for the sculpt 

• saulti
    Offline / Send Message
    saulti polycounter lvl 6

Finished the sculpt this weekend, uved, and did a poly paint in zbrush. For now here's a nice keyshot clay render and a pic of the flat poly paint. When I have some free time next I plan on doing some material work and trying to get a full color render out of keyshot so I can fully recreate the painting in 3D. 
  • saulti
    Offline / Send Message
    saulti polycounter lvl 6
    Got a slightly better render I think this morning. Just want to save this here.
  • saulti
    Offline / Send Message
    saulti polycounter lvl 6
    Havent had time to work on that evil step mother personal project in a while. And I'm gonna be away this weekend so looks like its on hold for a bit. But, I'm liking this logging stuff I'm doing simply for the fact that I think it will be neat to go back to a year from now and look at all the little non portfolio piece things I did. So in the mean time here's some stuff from work I can share right now :) 
  • saulti
    Offline / Send Message
    saulti polycounter lvl 6
    Haven't updated this in quite a while. Here's a dump of a few things I can toss here. 

• saulti
    Offline / Send Message
    saulti polycounter lvl 6
    I've been working away at this in my spare time over the last couple weeks. Just wrapped it up last night and want to leave it here in my sketchbook. Based off a Creature Box concept.

• saulti
  • saulti
    Offline / Send Message
    saulti polycounter lvl 6
    Quick sculpt of some fanart for WOW. Release of WOW classic got me inspired. All done in Zbrush and comped in PS. 
  • saulti
    Offline / Send Message
    saulti polycounter lvl 6
    Bust of Lor'themar from Warcraft. I think I'll keep working on this and make the bust into a game ready asset for practice. 

• saulti
    Offline / Send Message
    saulti polycounter lvl 6

Punk girl I just finished based on the awesome concept art of "biboun" Christophe Fossard. Sculpted and textured in Zbrush. Rendered in Marmoset Toolbag 3.