Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sketchfab's WoW Contest - Corrupted Dwarf Forge

Cremuss
polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Cremuss polycounter lvl 12
Hello guys!

I decided to participate in Sketchfab’s Wow Contest. Deadline is gonna be tight but anyway, I started doodling some ideas and doing some research about Wow’s lore (I played a bit the beta but I’m not a huge fan of mmo’s so unfortunately my knowledge of the universe is somewhat limited haha) and I figured I’d do some kind of an arena style map taking place in a corrupted dwarf forge.

My idea:
“Former Thaurissan’s War General and Superior Chief Engineer Arkeram Stonebreaker, one of the more extremist dwarf among the Dark Iron Clan, severely disapproved the turn of events that took place after the War of the Three Hammers and left his clan to create in secret a new dwarf clan. He rallied to his cause what remaining solitary and extremist dwarf he could find and created in a, deep, secret place, a forge of a new kind to forever grant independence to his people.

However, as years went by, he slowly went mad as he started to fool around Legion’s goals and its dark powers. Nowadays the place has been consumed by it and demons and corrupted dwarfs have joined hands to forge weapons of a strength beyond imagination.”

Here is what I have so far. I’m not sure yet if I’m going to use sculpt for this but I’m definitely going for a 100% flat diffuse hand painted style.

Progression shots:

This is gonna be fun! C&C welcome as usual !

Replies