Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Heartbreaker (character)

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
LeeCurt polycounter lvl 2
Hi everyone!

Just saw this nice character today on Artstation, so i decided to make a cool 3D model based on it, or at least try!  :p

Just started to block her out, so everything is pretty rough. I'm trying to find the right proportions and shapes for now. I think i'm going for a 6/6.5 heads tall model.

Feel free to give me your feedbacks so i can come with a great piece at the end =)
See ya!

Replies

• Magihat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Magihat ngon master
    Love the concept so I am looking forward to how this evolves. Looks like you are off to a solid start!
  • Popol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Popol interpolator
    Yeah Leevï :D Show us what you can do!

A bit early to give feedback but I'll try help on your next update :)
  • LeeCurt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys!
    Not a big step, just started to merge everything together.

I think I won't have that much sculpting going on the body so my main focus will be having a good silhouette and clean surfaces. I don't know if i should push the stylization at this point or count more on the final posing to do that. If you guys have feedbacks on what i've done so far it would be great :)

@Popol: Hope everything is running well for you dude, thanks for being here B)
  • Leinadien
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Leinadien vertex
    Hehe I first thought she had a pacifier in her mouth, maybe it would look good? :)
  • Tectonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tectonic polycounter lvl 10
    I think you've got her breasts pointier than your reference, it looks like her chest should be a little more flat/subtle.
    httpcdnblochworldcomglobalimagesproductsM2093LMM2093LM-6260-1jpg

• LeeCurt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Leinadien : Yeah a pacifier would look good too IMO. But I asked the the artist first if she's ok with me modeling her character and she said yes. i don't want to mispresent her workso I'll try to stick to the concept as much as i can. o:)

@Tectonic : You're right, thank you! I flattened her breasts and reworked the fabric, so I hope it's more subtle now.

Here is my progress so far. Thinking about redoing the hairs but i'm looking for a better way to do that.

Listening for feedbacks! Thanks!

• LeeCurt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Taking a break from the character so i worked on the hammer. Very simple low poly with first texturing pass.

• Tectonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tectonic polycounter lvl 10
    I think her shoes might need to be bigger as well as the cuffs on her gloves. Shes also got quite the long neck in the concept, making your model's longer will give you a bit more room for that spiked choker. Otherwise its coming along nicely :)
  • Wendy de Boer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wendy de Boer interpolator
    I think she's coming along well!

However, these little divots in the concept seem to suggest that she's wearing a little off-the-shoulder style t-shirt with actual sleeve openings, and not just a draped piece of cloth like you have it on your model.

• tda
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tda polycounter lvl 16
    Dig this man, great concept and nice work so far. I feel like you could possibly add more stylisation in the hips area, really push the forms. Something like this maybe? Excuse my crude paintover

I also agree with tectonic on the shoes, feels like they should be bigger? But it could be the FOV/angle. Looking forward to updates!

• LeeCurt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Wendy de Boer : you're right about the divots. I first thought they were just some kind of cuts in the fabric :( thx

@Tectonic & @tda : just starded to work on your feedbacks. Not finished yet but yeah, everything you suggest really serves the model. =)
    So thank you all for taking the time to help! I really appreciate this!