Home Technical Talk

.NSX file format? [Close]

null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Rioda null
Can anyone help explain this to me?
I'm a complete noob at tech stuff and I need to put this file together and view the 3D models.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/o7rg2hun5rba7/Narak.nsz
Got any ideas?

Replies

• Deadly Nightshade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deadly Nightshade polycounter lvl 10
    Never heard or seen that format before. This looks like something you've data-extracted from some game: the files has been compiled into object-code by an exporter (likely in-house) which is why they look so scrambled and weird in a text editor. In that case there is probably no way of getting the files back into a reasonable format.

A long shot is to do a google search for the alphanumeric keywords in those files.
  • Rioda
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rioda null
    Never heard or seen that format before. This looks like something you've data-extracted from some game: the files has been compiled into object-code by an exporter (likely in-house) which is why they look so scrambled and weird in a text editor. In that case there is probably no way of getting the files back into a reasonable format.

A long shot is to do a google search for the alphanumeric keywords in those files.
    Ah thanks for giving me some useful info.
    There is also one other file format which is used in the same exact way as the .NSX
    .NSS file format.
    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/a8lk5ffna2ioj/SomeKindOfShirtModel
    Also, I have googled lines in the code and it appears to have been made in Maya.
    One last thing, the developers are Korean so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.
  • throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks like some variant of .x based on seaching for the header string (I'm not familiar with directX meshes however). The format looks pretty straightforward to get a model out of, but this isn't the place for talking about ripping models.
  • Rioda
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rioda null
    Looks like some variant of .x based on seaching for the header string (I'm not familiar with directX meshes however). The format looks pretty straightforward to get a model out of, but this isn't the place for talking about ripping models.
    Ah alrighty, thanks for the help.