Home Quixel Megascans

Solved: Quixel Colors not showing materials.

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
ShadyOrb09 polycounter lvl 2
I just installed Quixel Studio 2.0, and I'm running Maya 2016.

I installed Quixel Colors after my installation of Quixel Studio 2.0.
I followed the steps on how to install Quixel Colors on the Quixel Website, but I'm having issues.

First of all I'd like to state that my Quixel Studio and Colors are installed in the default directory.
Studio: C:\Program Files\Quixel SUITE 2.0
Colors: C:\Program Files\Quixel SUITE 2.0\colors

Step I followed to open Colors in Maya 2016:

1. Open Script Editor
2. In the Python tab I opened the MayaRun.py script. (Located C:\Program Files\Quixel SUITE 2.0\colors)
3. Hit the play button.

Sadly those steps didn't work, when I run the default script I get this error.
"# Error: line 1: TypeError: file <maya console> line 5: reload() argument must be module"

I then changed "reload(main.main())", to "main.main()"

Now there is no red error in the bar at the bottom but when I look in the Script Editor there is this text, and the Quixel Colors box pops up but there is no materials in there.

Text: "QUIXEL COLORS: Error 0013, Invalid Preset Base Materials file, or file not found. Verify that QS2 in colors/settings.ini points correctly to Quixel SUITE 2.0 directory.
[Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'C:\\Program Files\\Quixel SUITE 2.0\\script\\presets\\ID Preset\\Preset Base Materials.xml'
[<lib.QuixelController.QuixelColorsController object at 0x00000263DC6AC748>, <lib.QuixelController.QuixelColorsController object at 0x00000263DD2AF6A0>, <lib.QuixelController.QuixelColorsController object at 0x00000263DB66E828>]
# Error: line 1: TypeError: file <maya console> line 5: reload() argument must be module # 
"

Any help would be lovely, thank you.

Also, Quixel Studio 2.0 looks awesome, can't wait to use it!

Replies