Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Environment - Concept Art into [3D] - In Unreal Engine

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
brandv3d polycounter lvl 12
Hey Polycounters,

I have been working on a new personal project based on a piece of concept art ...
from Freelance Concept Artist GIORGIO GRECU - PORTFOLIO  https://www.artstation.com/artist/grecu
The concept image is called "Interior". It was for a Steampunk Stark Tower brainstorm Challenge. 
Here is a direct link to the original concept image at https://www.artstation.com/artist/grecu

Below is the original concept art

UPDATED: Above is my 3D version of the Interior scene Updated 6/8/2016 

A Close up of the final image

Below is all the work in progress i have made plus some prop renders

Here are some more images with a warm feel to them

Next are the props from in the scene

I also wanted to show my textures that I made in substance designer

A breakdown of the render passes from in using the Unreal High Res Screen Shot Maker

Hope you guys like it.

As always any comments are welcome. 
Thanks

Replies

• brandv3d
    Offline / Send Message
    Been working on other projects and types of work, but I had some time to mess around with Lut's and added double the memory and a bigger Solid State Drive to my Gaming PC, so here is an optimized but quality jpg from a high res screenshot from in Unreal.

Let me know what you think of it so far.

Some close up shots

More to come soon.
  • Blade113
    Offline / Send Message
    Blade113 polycounter lvl 8
  • vinc
    Offline / Send Message
    vinc null
    really good work on texture, we can feel the same mood / ambiance. but few things have to be changed (ratio) to get as closest as the original. 

• kohg
    Offline / Send Message
    kohg polycounter lvl 8
    Very ambitious project and turning out very nice so far.
    I think those steps in the last pic are looking too low poly though, and could use some more roundness. It should be an interesting challenge trying to mimic that lighting in the concept. good luck and keep it up.
  • Nuclear Angel
    Offline / Send Message
    Nuclear Angel polycounter
    Great work so far, minor thing that I think you should revisit, is the plant. Right now it looks plastic, and as it is not affected by any gravity. Keep it up! 
  • brandv3d
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the comments guys, it's well appreciated 
  • brandv3d
    Offline / Send Message
    Worked another 8 hours on this projects and accomplished a lot. I also worked on the ratio issue and color corrections, plus some set designing.  I made the plant with a software called "tree[d]" ( I also have done some tutorials on how to use this program. These Tuts are old but can be seen here....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btRPMH_OlXs

Above: This is the picture as is, how it came straight out of Unreal  

Above: Updated Image: Some color adjustments in Photoshop until I can make these changes in Unreal, but provides an easy way to test the look.
  • brandv3d
    Offline / Send Message
    3 Days later after my latest post I have continued to work hard on this project and I'm calling it done for now.  Let me know what you guys think.

Below: My 3D version of the original concept art

Above: Original Concept Art at https://www.artstation.com/artist/grecu by Giorgio Grecu

Enjoy, Thanks for looking
  • brandv3d
    Offline / Send Message
    Below is the original concept art by Giorgio Grecu

Above is my final beauty screen captures for this project, notice the upper right corner for the main changes I made on this update.

A close up of the plants and more details can be seen in the foreground.

I hope you guys like this one. It's my most current single person project and... they say your only as good as your last project, so I hope that rings true with this one (my favorite at this time.)