• Rhinostril
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinostril null
    where is this "Final Submissions Thread"
  • QuachyStuff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey, this may be a bit of a stupid question, but if I were to - let's say - plan 7 colour variations of the same skin as I cannot decide on the best colour, would I have to make 7 posts or just one really long one?

Since I will likely upload 7 skins to the workshop, should I post 7 different posts on the Final Submission Thread?
  • undying
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Endritv
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Endritv polygon
    Is it required to post your UV textures + Alpha when you upload?
    UV's yes, alpha isen't required as far as I know. Stands in the rules on the first page.
    undying said:
    Read the rules, it will be created when the competition is about to end.
    Hey, this may be a bit of a stupid question, but if I were to - let's say - plan 7 colour variations of the same skin as I cannot decide on the best colour, would I have to make 7 posts or just one really long one?

Since I will likely upload 7 skins to the workshop, should I post 7 different posts on the Final Submission Thread?
    Yeah, you'll have to post 7 different posts on the Final submission thread from what I heard even though it's kind of stupid to post 7 color variations, It'll just piss valve off going trough 7 of your guns that are the same. If I we're u just post 2 colors max or something.
  • QuachyStuff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I still haven't even created all the WIP threads/posts I need, I have a lot of time to narrow down the number of versions I will make. 

Thanks for the answer dude!
  • noxml
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Will we get a notification for the final weapons thread ?
  • Endritv
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Endritv polygon
    noxml said:
    Will we get a notification for the final weapons thread ?
    Don't think so, just check back on polycount the last few days.
  • BoomCats
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    can anyone explain what this is "Physical prizes will be given to the person who submitted it to the workshop, and it will be their responsibility to divide the prizes amongst contributors." im still confused about this
  • Xilick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xilick triangle
    BoomCats said:
    can anyone explain what this is "Physical prizes will be given to the person who submitted it to the workshop, and it will be their responsibility to divide the prizes amongst contributors." im still confused about this
    it means if you had multiple people working on one skin, its up to person who went to workbench to publish the skin to divide these prizes between people that they have worked with.
  • Endritv
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Endritv polygon
    BoomCats said:
    When publishing something to the steam workshop, there is a option to add other people to the submission. The person who uploaded it can give a certain percentage to people he collaborated with.

The total percentage is always 100%.  This way valve can pay out the people who worked on it individually, instead of paying it all to one person, and causing issues.

If you worked alone then you just accept the standard which is 100% for yourself and then finalize the workshop submission.
  • Paul_Cupald
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Paul_Cupald vertex
    Hey guys, I used some rendered photos on my workshop submission for the contest here
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=688455168&searchtext=awp+hell+gate
    I did it because my computer which is a laptop without a graphics card, can't get high resolution workbench photos because it just do not handle the graphics. So I've tried to compromise and give at least few pictures that will look fine.

My question is, Would valve consider it or will they just pass the weapon because of the rendered photos?

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Those renders go against the rules. I would suggest removing them.
  • Paul_Cupald
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Paul_Cupald vertex
    I did what you have suggested, The rules confused me and I was not sure if I can or cannot use them. Thanks for the fast for the fast reply Eric.
  • Bixon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bixon polycounter lvl 3
    When is the final thread gonna be made, how many pictures do we need with it?
  • SjiZzZLe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SjiZzZLe polycounter lvl 2
    I think its smart to just wait for the final weapons submission thread to be made and i am sure some information will be posted there.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

CS:GO Weapon Finish Contest - Deadline Reminder

This is a reminder to submit your entry to the CS:GO Weapon Finish Contest by the contest deadline on May 29th 2016 @ 11:59PM EST (GMT – 4).

IMPORTANT: Do not submit your entries in this thread. There is no final submissions thread here on Polycount. 
    Use the console in CS:GO to submit your final entries. 

You can review the full contest rules in the first post: CS:GO Weapon Finish Contest Rules
  • Endritv
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Endritv polygon
    IMPORTANT: Do not submit your entries in this thread. There is no final submissions thread here on Polycount. 
    So now there will be no final submission thread? If possible you guys should remove that from the first post, it will confuse a lot of people.
  • K_A_S_I
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    K_A_S_I triangle
    Endritv said:
    So now there will be no final submission thread? If possible you guys should remove that from the first post, it will confuse a lot of people.
    And by using the console you mean workbench? So uploading a skin to the workbench means final submission to the contest now?
  • Nolt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nolt polycounter lvl 13
    @K_A_S_I I think you just submit it via the console (workshop_publish) and then use the PC-CSGO | your skin name when you submit to steam. Then link back to your polycount thread in the description.
  • TrinityTextures
    r13 said:

• Your presentation materials as detailed below should be posted to the Final Submissions thread. This thread will only be used as a means of displaying all the FINISHED contest entries to the community. Your entries will be judged via your Workshop submission, detailed below.

ERIC CHADWICK said:

"IMPORTANT: Do not submit your entries in this thread. There is no final submissions thread here on Polycount. 
    Use the console in CS:GO to submit your final entries."

AAAAND now I'm confused. x_x
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    There is no submission thread.

Our apologies. It was incorrect of us to add that to the end of the rules. That has now been removed from the rules post. 

Submit only through the Workshop and the CS:GO console.
  • Lynifer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lynifer vertex
    Are we still required to publish the texture sheet as stated in the presentation rules? Valve has access to these the moment we publish the skin.
  • TrinityTextures
    There is no submission thread.

Our apologies. It was incorrect of us to add that to the end of the rules. That has now been removed from the rules post. 

Submit only through the Workshop and the CS:GO console.
    awesome! Thanks for clearing that up :) is the review process a private matter? Or is there going to be some group or something where all of the submissions are grouped together and voted on? and will the voting be public or private?(as in polycount specific or purely based on steam publicity?) I for one would much prefer you guys (polycount) to be in charge of the voting since there's a very strong chance the most creative skins will be chosen. The reason I ask in the first place is because I spent a long time on my skin and I feel it's got some pretty original elements to it. However it didn't receive a lot of views. Anyways I understand if you're not able to say and I also understand that all judgment will need to be un-influenced/unbias. So if you can't discuss that, no problem :)
  • rafear97
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rafear97 polycounter lvl 2
    Lynifer said:
    Are we still required to publish the texture sheet as stated in the presentation rules? Valve has access to these the moment we publish the skin.
    I'm wondering the same
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes you are required to submit all the presentation materials.

Valve is judging this contest.
  • Konras
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Konras polycounter lvl 12
    I would also advice adding link to your polycount WIP thread in skin description on workshop.
  • Crazydesign
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice Skin and good Desingers
  • Sm00th
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sm00th polycounter lvl 3
    I would still like a bit of clarification. Since the submission is only through the workshop do we need to add the texture sheet to our WIP thread...? Or is that no longer necessary? I'm a bit confused.
  • princeprabhu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Is it compulsory to have a WIP thread of our skin here in Polycount and should it be compulsorily linked in the Steam Workshop submission's description? Or should I create one thread featuring my skin and take that link to the Workshop submission?
    Also, is it ok to add watermark to the texture sheet image (not raw targa file) that is attached with the submission for public view?
    Thanks in advance! And million thanks for Polycount and Valve for having given this oppurtunity <gg> Hope my doubts get cleared :3
  • r13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r13 founder
    Is it compulsory to have a WIP thread of our skin here in Polycount and should it be compulsorily linked in the Steam Workshop submission's description? Or should I create one thread featuring my skin and take that link to the Workshop submission?
    Also, is it ok to add watermark to the texture sheet image (not raw targa file) that is attached with the submission for public view?
    Thanks in advance! And million thanks for Polycount and Valve for having given this oppurtunity <gg> Hope my doubts get cleared :3
    Yes,  you have to have a WIP thread here. And yes, it should be linked to from your Workshop submission page. Look for the Greentooth button on the right after you got your Workshop entry made. It's specifically for us and this purpose. 

If you want to watermark the textures you are displaying publicly, you are welcome to. Obviously the versions you are actually submitting to Valve will need to be watermark free.
  • artisan_keefe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have a question, I was gone out of country all month and i cracked down all yesterday to get my skin in and only did one small progress. I put my sketches in as well, but does that make me disqualified? I am not saying anything against the rules (I am glad they are that way) and I wish I could have gotten a lot of opinions on my artwork along with a load of WIP but circumstances kept me away.  Thanks so much.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have a question, I was gone out of country all month and i cracked down all yesterday to get my skin in and only did one small progress. I put my sketches in as well, but does that make me disqualified? I am not saying anything against the rules (I am glad they are that way) and I wish I could have gotten a lot of opinions on my artwork along with a load of WIP but circumstances kept me away.  Thanks so much.
    Rules say "You must create and maintain a Work-In-Progress (WIP) thread at Polycount for your entry in the CS:GO forum."

It is up to Valve how they wish to define this, since they are judging the contest.

At Polycount we usually define a WIP thread as being periodically updated with screenshots and text, from the start of a project to the end. There are obviously many variations of this. But just making one post does not really fit with the idea of "work in progress".
  • luke7183
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    luke7183 triangle
    It says to have at least two angles in the presentation shot.  I assumed this was for the wip thread, since I was only only able to select one preview image when submitting to Valve. I'm now beginning to think otherwise. Am I meant to put more than one picture in the workshop? If I try to add another now, is it too late? and will it really matter since I have a link to my wip thread which shows it from every angle anyway?
    I didn't want to try to edit my submission, because it is past the deadline and don't want to be disqualified for doing so, but I also don't want to be disqualified for not adding one more picture..
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    deadline is May 29th 2016 @ 11:59PM EST (GMT – 4) 
    Deadline has not happened yet. It is only 11:18 am EST right now.
  • luke7183
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    luke7183 triangle
    oh whew!.. what a relief, Thank you!
    So I need two pictures of different angles in the workshop?
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You need all the things it says in the submission rules. All can be uploaded in your workshop entry.
  • luke7183
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    luke7183 triangle
    Thanks again Eric, I should know the rules off by heart by now. I have read them that many times. I just wanted to be sure. There's a lot of rules and a lot of steps and if you miss one little thing, you could fail. Thanks again. You have a lot of patience answering all our questions, and probably most of them the same questions that keep getting asked.  :)
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polycount wants you to succeed. Best of luck to you all!
  • braedon2011
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So you are not supposed to have any adjustments to the weapon in terms of adjusting the images that are put into the workshop, does that mean that the weapons with backgrounds that are photoshop adjusted to them are disqualified?
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So you are not supposed to have any adjustments to the weapon in terms of adjusting the images that are put into the workshop, does that mean that the weapons with backgrounds that are photoshop adjusted to them are disqualified?
    Not exactly. Rules allow a few image adjustments:

The only adjustments allowed are: Brightness/Contrast, Levels, Sharpness, and Hue/Saturation.

• Locus7
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Locus7 null
    Hey folks. If I submitted my entry about three hours ago to the workshop, and it's still not showing up via a search (it works via a direct link to the entry), should I be worried?

The only error I see is: "Payment Information Required
    You need to fill in your payment information before accepting this revenue share."

But I don't know if that's a showstopper for actually having the thing get posted. The only thing throwing an error is an incomplete on my tax info because it's waiting for verification of tax information. That system is apparently a scheduled outage...

I figured it was just a matter of a human approval process, but I think I'm seeing other people's work getting in who posted it later.

*Edit* I normally wouldn't be worried, except it's just a few hours until the deadline and I'm hoping my entry will be up there to see.

Also, it is set to "public" in the view settings, so it should be visible.
  • K_A_S_I
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    K_A_S_I triangle
    Locus7 said:
    Hey folks. If I submitted my entry about three hours ago to the workshop, and it's still not showing up via a search (it works via a direct link to the entry), should I be worried?

The only error I see is: "Payment Information Required
    You need to fill in your payment information before accepting this revenue share."

But I don't know if that's a showstopper for actually having the thing get posted. The only thing throwing an error is an incomplete on my tax info because it's waiting for verification of tax information. That system is apparently a scheduled outage...

I figured it was just a matter of a human approval process, but I think I'm seeing other people's work getting in who posted it later.

*Edit* I normally wouldn't be worried, except it's just a few hours until the deadline and I'm hoping my entry will be up there to see.
    Before it will be available to find via search you need to accept the revenue thing.
  • Locus7
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Locus7 null
    K_A_S_I said:
    Before it will be available to find via search you need to accept the revenue thing.
    That's unfortunate. There's no accept button, it's just a link to enter payment info. I guess later I'll try re-entering my bank account in case it's a weird bug, but there's no way I can get the tax information to go any faster:

"Waiting for verification of tax information

Your tax information is pending verification from the third party service, which may take up to 48 hours."

"We are unable to verify your tax identification information due to a scheduled IRS outage beginning 28 May 2016 at 3.59 PM GMT ending 31 May 2016 at 10.00 AM GMT. Your tax information will be validated at the conclusion of the IRS outage. Your account will not be activated until after that time"

Not sure where that leaves me in regards to the contest. Did anyone else run into this?

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If your entry works via direct link, then you're most likely good to go. Valve will know about the outage and will take that into account. I know Polycount works this way for contests. If you submit before the deadline I'm sure they'll rely on that timestamp as your proof of timely entry. 

Of course, you'll still need to finalize your tax info before you can receive any prizes or compensation.
  • TheSpetnaz_57
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    where can I post my final skin entry besides the workshop, as I cannot enter my tax and payment info until june 17th (its complicated) Will the judges check the link if I put it in my WIP thread?
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    where can I post my final skin entry besides the workshop, as I cannot enter my tax and payment info until june 17th (its complicated) Will the judges check the link if I put it in my WIP thread?
    Rules say they'll be judged via the workshop only, sorry.
  • Locus7
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Locus7 null
    If your entry works via direct link, then you're most likely good to go. Valve will know about the outage and will take that into account. I know Polycount works this way for contests. If you submit before the deadline I'm sure they'll rely on that timestamp as your proof of timely entry. 

Of course, you'll still need to finalize your tax info before you can receive any prizes or compensation.
    Thank you, that makes me feel better.

Valve may not know about the outtage, as it is a third-party non-valve company that handles the tax-verification (that scheduled outtage message was from them, not my workshop page). But you're right, they will probably look at submitted things even if they haven't gone through the entire approval process yet. I'll hope for the best!
  • imbibbi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    When I upload submission later it says fill in bank information and so on, do I need to do that to be eligible? Or  can i just fill it in if a miracle happend and i won?
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    imbibbi said:
    When I upload submission later it says fill in bank information and so on, do I need to do that to be eligible? Or  can i just fill it in if a miracle happend and i won?
    I don't know. To be on the safe side, I recommend you complete all the forms.
  • Konras
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Konras polycounter lvl 12
    IMBIBBI Tax form can always be edited. I know that there is basicly nothing special right now apart from your tax number and bank account. It used to be much more complicated as it required EIN or ITIN, but it is no longer the case. There is however one requirement that your bank account has the same name and surname as your steam (I have no idea at what point steam collects your full name but I have mine grayed out, unable to edit, but it is there). At least it used to be like this.

I think also you can fill in your tax info first and leave bank info blank for now if you don't have bank account. I think there is only requirement for tax info to have item uploaded. However I can be wrong here.