Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] Nebezial's Shivas character fan art

Cremuss
polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Cremuss polycounter lvl 12
Hi guys ! :smiley: 

I'm further pursuing my goals to leave a bit hand-painting props asides and learn new stuff. I stumbled quite randomly upon this great concept art by Nebezial from his comic Ravine, and it just stuck in my mind so I decided to gave it a go !

I've been working on this character for quite a while now and I'm really struggling to push it any further so I'm seeking your advices. It's my first time with pbr and first time with UE4 as well, so any comment is helpful ! :smile:

C&C welcome !
Cheers :)

Replies

• Cremuss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys :)

Here's some new renders from UE4.

I reworked a bit some of the textures, added some colour & value variations on the skin here and there, pushed the saturation on the skin a bit, added details/normals/ao/alpha on the feathers, reworked the armour texture and added a detail map on the metal.

The metal is too grainy now I think. The blades looks like crap so I need to fix that as well.

Critics are welcome!
    Cya!
  • rexus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rexus polycounter lvl 16
    looks great good Job

• Kid.in.the.Dark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kid.in.the.Dark polycounter lvl 6
    Definitely nailed the concept spot on.

I'd say the only thing letting this down so far though is the lack of definition on the material/skin... it looks very flat to me and I definitely feel like you could get away with more on the surface of your model.
  • Cremuss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi guys !
    REXUS > Thanks !
    KID.IN.THE.DARK > Thanks ! I agree it's a bit flat :( I'm not super happy with how it looks but unfortunately that's the best I could come up with my current PBR/UE4 knowledge.

I'm calling it done. I'm going in circles and I really need to move on to my next project! :)

This one was heavily composited in gimp :)

Although I'm calling it done, critics are welcome!
    cheers