Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

ArmorGirl

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
sudhanl greentooth
I've always been fascinated by fantasy armor stuff but I was afraid to try it. So I finally decided to step out of my comfort zone and give it a go. I'll keep this thread updated with my progress and it also be great to use it as a channel for feedback, :)

WIP01-'Sketching' the idea

WIP02-Refining Shapes

WIP03-Fixing more stuff

-Sudhan

Replies

• sudhanl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sudhanl greentooth
    So I worked a bit more on her and figured it is about time I stop neglecting her weapon. I'd love to hear your opinion about which shape fits her the most! :)

-Sudhan
  • Pancakes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pancakes polycounter lvl 10
      I like number 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ,13 :)
  • MercurialForge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MercurialForge polycounter lvl 11
    I really like #10, good contrast and profile. I also think you should take another look at her arm length before you get too much further along. They appear to be too short for her torso length. I know she is stylized, but the length is really important in selling the character when posed. Some good rules of thumb:

1. The Humerus is longer than the Radial and Ulna
    2. The Eblow, with arm down at your sides, sits below the ribcage and above the iliac crest. In-line with the--would be--bellybutton (approximately).
    3. The length of your arms from fingertip to fingertip is equal to your total height.

Often times if a character is meant to have longer than normal legs, the arms just need to match the length of the torso (steps #1 and #2) this is why long anime characters still look natural(ish) :smile: 

Great stuff so far, I really like how she looks in her helmet.
  • sudhanl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sudhanl greentooth
    Thank you very much for the feedback people! I apologize for the late reply, I am finally getting back to work on her after a long while. I'll share more updates soon!