Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Help me in uvs otherwise i die

Arshpreet
null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Arshpreet null
i want to know how to overlap perfectly straight uv's with slightly change in size,i am asking specifically for hair for games,i have searched a lot but can't find anywhere,tell me any tool or software that help me to to automatic overlap in a perfect way like i heard about it in maya,any tool or software exept maya because i am a max use and if u are trying to suggest textools then please share video or article and please don't say search in that article.

Replies

• WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Create one strip, UV it the way you want, duplicate and deform that strip over the rest of the head?
  • Arshpreet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Arshpreet null
    sorry sir but i can't model any organic model or anything in any modelling app,i just can do sculpt and duplicating each strap and then placing is impossible for me and more important i don't love to do that.
  • Noth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noth polycounter lvl 15
    Doing it in ZBrush you're kind of making it harder for yourself, but the same rules apply. Create the hair strip, UV master plugin, then duplicate it. I'm not sure if you can decide where the hair plane's uv's go though in the 0-1. Zbrush isn't the app you finalize game models in, they usually end up in max/maya or something of the sort, especially since you still need to rig/weight/animate things, iono, w/e. GL
  • Arshpreet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Arshpreet null
    Noth said:
    Doing it in ZBrush you're kind of making it harder for yourself, but the same rules apply. Create the hair strip, UV master plugin, then duplicate it. I'm not sure if you can decide where the hair plane's uv's go though in the 0-1. Zbrush isn't the app you finalize game models in, they usually end up in max/maya or something of the sort, especially since you still need to rig/weight/animate things, iono, w/e. GL
    I was trying to follow this method          http://www.3dartistonline.com/news/2015/04/how-do-i-create-real-time-hair-for-games/
  • Arshpreet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Arshpreet null

Arshpreet said:
    Noth said:
    Sure final uv will be done in 3ds max for me but i want to know how to pack them properly for hairs in max and if its not possble yet then please explain me or share any tut who help me to make long hairs for games