Home General Discussion

Polycount homepage feed

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Delzhand polycounter lvl 8
How is the homepage feed content selected? I've seen two of my posts from the low-poly thread pop up there, and neither one is really showcase quality. It's not a big deal, just curious as to how it's supposed to work.

Replies

• AtticusMars
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AtticusMars greentooth
    I was told in another thread that the content is curated by moderators. In regard to the most recent post that was featured, I believe they were highlighting Deelekgolo's reply which had a breakdown of modeling illusory eyes that follow you around the room. I guess the news feed just displays the first image in the post which was yours.

As for the featured post before that, they probably thought your art was cool.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Moderators choose what goes to the front page. If we see some art that we personally like, or that is getting a lot of attention, we have a button to send it to the front page. We can do this to the first post of the thread, or if we see a reply that we think others would benefit from seeing, we can send that specific reply. We also listen to the users as well. If we see someone suggest a post should be front paged, we`ll push it forward, so don't be afraid to speak up about it. 

I believe it takes the first picture from the post we select, so if someone quotes your art to give you a nice reply, or to continue on with what you were talking about, that quoted picture will be displayed, while the reply text will be below it.
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah, we just pick what we like. 
  • Blond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blond polycounter lvl 9
    Hopefully, one day, I'll make it there.

Animations count right?
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Animations count. But they have to be good!

Keep improving, we're always on the lookout for good things to showcase, no matter what the subject.