Home Technical Talk

Problem in Maya 2016

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
ViTaR polycounter lvl 5
Hello everyone. I have a little problem in Maya 2016 SP4. Everytime when I try to delete history of my mesh he becomes green and smooth. So for delete it i must reload my scene and delete history before i something do with it. Someone know how to fix it?

Replies

• Scruples
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scruples polycounter lvl 10
    That's rather strange, export as an obj and import as a temporary fix. Is it just this one object?
  • ViTaR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ViTaR polycounter lvl 5
    No. Every object that I made. Maybe it's happening after some time or some command. I cant understand. I have already tried export it in obj and back, but it is the same that I will Ctrl+N Ctrl+O. It is not an option.
  • Panupat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Panupat polycounter lvl 15
    What happen if you re-apply lambert1 to it?
  • ViTaR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ViTaR polycounter lvl 5
    Nothing happened. I tried it first. 
    In addition to changing the color he smoothed, as like I push 3 on keyboard.
    On these images you can't see it, I can show similar without bevel.
  • huffer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    huffer interpolator
    Try switching to legacy viewport shader when it's green and see if something is different.
  • ViTaR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ViTaR polycounter lvl 5
    Hmm, I had already been in legacy default viewport. Now i switch to Viewport 2.0 and its gone, but when i deleted history in 2.0 and switch to default its come back. Maybe I will work in viewport 2.0. I switched it because i had lags in 2.0. My computer has low parameters. Thanks.
  • fmnoor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fmnoor polycounter lvl 17
    I've noticed Maya 2016 can be a littly more finnicky with its shading groups. You can check the Node editor to see if your shapenode is linked to the initialShadingGroup (Inst Obj Groups --> initialShadingGroup) and try middle-mouse dragging the initialShading group onto the broken mesh piece
  • ViTaR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ViTaR polycounter lvl 5
    So every time when i delete history shapenode is unlinking. Nice.  

And i found one more thing or bug, etc. When I combine my mesh with crease (for example mesh contain 3 parts) and export to .ma, and then import to ZBrush, I am getting there only one part of all mesh. Also, when i combine mesh, some of crease disappear.
    But when I use GOZ all work correct. Someone have the same problem?